title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Probably very simple newly questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iangude
    • Mar 2015

Probably very simple newly questions

Hi all

I've come to a point in my life where I realise it's time to ditch physical CDs and move entirely to digital. I have a large (10,000+) CD collection, which I already have ripped at 160 or 320kps, but I feel now I need to rip to Apple Lossless in order to ensure I get the best possible quality (and accurate rips too).

I've a Mac user.

So, a couple of questions...

o Is there any drive considered the best for ripping from - in terms of perfect rips and speed ?
    o Will CD ripper embed artwork into my files ?

Also, has anyone come across a good way to store inlay details - scan into PDF ? single JPGs ? Is there a quick way to do it ? Or a good site to download other peoples ?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice anyone can give !

Best
    Ian (in the UK)
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Probably very simple newly questions

drive doesn't matter that much. That's the beauty of ACCURATERIP. Any old drive is fine as long as your rip matches others in the ACCURATERIP database. Sometimes it is nice to have an extra drive to connect to your machine, because some CDs that have problems ripping in one drive rip fine in another drive (and cost/quality of the drive may not be a factor here....a CD may rip ok in a cheap drive but not in the more expensive).

yes, ripper can embed artwork in your files automatically if you choose that option (and will try to find the best artwork to embed for you). Note that instead the ripper can place a single copy of the cover in your album subdirectory instead of embedding. But if you're using itunes, you should embed so itunes picks it up.

What do you mean as inlay details? Other info from CD (booklet, etc.). Mostly one needs to scan this and include the files in the album subdirectory as other jpg files or pdf files.

Comment

Working...

]]>