title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Music Convert with ReplayGain DSP vs JRiver MC20

Music Convert with ReplayGain DSP vs JRiver MC20

I would like to update ReplayGain tags in my music files and I'm wondering if anyone have any recommendation which tools I should use.

Should I use Music Converter with ReplayGain DSP or should I let my jRiver MC 20 do the job.

Both programs can do R128 ReplayGain but I am curious whether one tool is better than the other.

My goal is update or add track gain, album gain and the proper iTunes soundcheck tag in my music files.

If anyone has experience using the "Analyze Audio" function in JRiver MC, please let me know what you think.
    Thank you.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Music Convert with ReplayGain DSP vs JRiver MC20

Can jr write the iTunes normalisation tag?

Re: Music Convert with ReplayGain DSP vs JRiver MC20

After some research reading Jriver's WIKI page and their user forum messages, I don't think JRiver MC writes iTunes soundcheck tag "iTunNORM" at all.
    That would be one reason I would prefer to use DBPowerAmp instead.

I'm surprise there hasn't been many responses to my questions.
    (Well, I posted a similar question on JRiver's Interact forum and I received zero response their).

I imagine there are DBPowerAmp users who also use JRiver to manage their music libarary.
    And I would like to know what's their preferred tools for updating ReplayGain tags..