title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Duplicate Titles...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Duplicate Titles...

My apologies for asking this once before-but with my "rogue" artwork issue (still a work in progress)Taken over-ive forgot and cannot find in My profile.

If I have a cd (Original)with 2 cds in one album and the 2nd CD has the same title(but want to group in same folder how can i edit this before Rip.? If i try after rip renaming- in widows it says copy replace.flac.(2). then renumbers incorrect.

Administrator

Re: Duplicate Titles...

Set the album name the same, set disc number to 1/1 (for 2nd disc), right click on track 1 and apply a track offset, so track 1 on disc 2 starts after the last track of track 1.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

O.K. thanks Spoon. Got the offset part. When you say "Set the album name"-is that the left corner Naming "set" part.If I try to enter anything here-it wont let me.

So can I take it if done correct At ripping stage-there should be no need to alter later in Windows with I.D TAG ETC...

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by daleyb View Post
    When you say "Set the album name"-is that the left corner Naming "set" part.If I try to enter anything here-it wont let me.
    No, Album is at the top of the CDRipper window, or click the meta tab at the bottom/middle of the CDRipper window and scroll to the Album tag.

So can I take it if done correct At ripping stage-there should be no need to alter later in Windows with I.D TAG ETC...
    In theory, yes.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

O.K.-but when Ive done all above-I still get "confirm file replace" window pop up-Do I have to remane i.e(2) etc,,?

Is there a way to get around this..??

dBpoweramp Guru

O.K.-but when Ive done all above-I still get "confirm file replace" window pop up-Do I have to remane i.e(2) etc,,?

Is there a way to get around this..??
    You possible haven't set the track offset correctly. How many tracks on Disc 1 and Disc 2?

What file names are you being asked to replace. Screenshot perhaps.

Administrator

Include the track number with [track] in the filename, to ensure no overwriting.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks for Info- worked great. A rare cd where 5 tracks on second cd the same name-remixed.I put (2)-second version next to track . It override pop up.No more number mix-up after rip with offset.

Just need to remember this for next time...

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks for Info- worked great. A rare cd where 5 tracks on second cd the same name-remixed.I put (2)-second version next to track . It override pop up.No more number mix-up after rip with offset.

Just need to remember this for next time...
    But you seem to have missed the point of the track offset.

If you have track numbers in the filename and the track numbers are unique (hence the offset), then you will not get the confirm file replace dialog window.

Your Naming string needs to contain track number. Try reading the online help.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

O.K.... but when I used offset- the confirm file replace dialog window still showed up-the names were the same. It wasnt until i put track no. in it did not.

It looks fine to me now-but if you can drop me a link-and I will see if I missed something (which knowing me-proberly have..) it would be appreciated.