title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Main control panel deregisters itself

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PSH
    • Mar 2015

Main control panel deregisters itself

I recently hijacked someone else's thread regarding a memory issue. I apologise for that and since my problem is not resolved I am starting over here.

The original post read:

I have recently tried Asset 4.3 on two Win 8.1 devices based on Intel quad core Atom Z3735G processors. One, the Hannspree micro-PC, has 2 GB of RAM and the other, a Linx 7 tablet, has 1 GB of RAM. The micro-PC appears to work as expected but Asset is unstable on the tablet - it installs OK and scans the library but not long afterwards Asset presents itself as unregistered.

Hi Spoon - What is the RAM requirement for running Asset and does it depend on the library size? Would it be worth my while to try R5 when only 1 GB of RAM is available?

You recommended installing Release 5 Beta 8 which I have done. After initial installation it scans the library and correctly identifies the number of tracks and albums (60,000+ and 3500+ respectively). Some time after that the main control panel deregisters itself so it displays Version x.xx with a Register button. Status is (none) and for Asset Running Mode nothing is selected. Edit Advanced setting appears to be OK and Asset is serving up the music. Version 4.3 behaved in the same way but that got into a state where the Edit Advanced settings dialog box became deconstructed.

Any further assistance welcomed.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Main control panel deregisters itself

It is not deregisterd, just stopped from showing the version number (as even unregstered would show the correct version number), perhaps memory related.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PSH
      • Mar 2015

Although it appears to be working in terms of serving up the music it is not helpful that the number of tracks / albums is not shown. Furthermore, in the advanced settings dialog the audio library folders were lost - but OK when re-entered and rescanned.
      Is it really a memory problem? Task manager shows CPU = 5% (Asset = 3%) when serving up files and transcoding from FLA to WAV, and 68% memory usage of which Asset is 8%.
      Do you have any other ideas?
      Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Sorry I do not.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PSH
          • Mar 2015

Is there a command line interface whereby I could interrogate the number of tracks / albums that have been scanned or is there a configuration file where this information might be stored?...........or has this information been lost forever?
          Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you browse in your control point >> Advanced Search >> Details

it is listed there.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...