title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripping strategy for new user

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acruzn
    • Mar 2015

CD Ripping strategy for new user

My daughter has a laptop and many music CDs not on the laptop. She plans to buy the SanDisk mp3 player clip sport (w/ 32gb microSDHC card).

I have purchased the latest dBpoweramp family edition, so she will get one of the copies to use for ripping.

Can she rip to the mp3 player micro card or must she rip them into the laptop? If she can rip to the player, will she get album art and other details?

OR will it be best to rip to laptop, to organize, get album art, etc?

Angel
    Saluda, SC
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: CD Ripping strategy for new user

Hey Angel,

as long as you can see the connected SanDisk mp3 player and its memory card in the Windows file Explorer, you could rip to the memory card directly. Have a look, how the memory card and ist directories are organized.

From my point of view I would rip to the laptop and then copy the files onto the memory card in a memory card reader. Most users have more than 32GB music data and usually the write performance of a card reader is higher than the one of the mp3 player itself.

Dat Ei

Comment

• acruzn
      • Mar 2015

Re: CD Ripping strategy for new user

Dat Ei,

I have similar player and micro card, both are seen in windows explorer. I did not think about the write performance... I will pass on the thoughts to my daughter. Thanks!

Angel

Comment

Working...

]]>