title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper R15.2 losing horizontal scroll bar

CD Ripper R15.2 losing horizontal scroll bar

Having installed CD Ripper R15.2 Reference, I observe two issues regarding the the horizontal scroll bar of the main track / title / ripping result / destination filename etc. window:
    (1) At startup of CD Ripper, the scroll bar does not always show up when one is expecting it to appear.
    (2) Moreover and maybe a bit more of a nuisance, CD Ripper from time to time is losing the horizontal scroll bar when some editing in the album title, artist or other info is being doen. In those cases, minimizing DC Ripper to the task bar and restoring it from there makes the horizontal scroll bar reappear.

Thanks for considering this. To repeat myself and many others: Great product!

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper R15.2 losing horizontal scroll bar

Can you post a screen shot please, upload to somewhere like postimage.org

Looked at the horizontal scroll bar behaviour in more detail and in "slow motion" (using a particularly slow internet connection). The findings can be seen in three screenshots at
    http://postimg.org/gallery/375pc9632/

The more precise findings are:
    (1) At startup of CD Ripper, no horizontal scroll bar is needed, and column widths are restored to those from the preceding session - okay.
    (2) The horizontal scroll bar shows up properly when inserting a CD and reading its track / info contents. It is still present when the internet is being accessed to gather metadata information. This can be seen in screenshot no. 02 - okay.
    (3) When the metadata are filled into the CD (top bar) and track info (central window of Ripper), the horizontal scroll bar disappears. Cf. screenshot 3 - unexpected behaviour.
    (4) The horizontal scroll bar can be made to reappear by minimizing the application to the Windows task bar and restoring it. Cf. screenshot 4 - this unfortunately is the little nuisance part.

Hope this helps in diagnosing and fixing this little UI thing. Thanks a lot.

Administrator

When 3 happens, you can click where the bar is? and it moves the scroller?

Try updating your graphic card drivers.

I checked everything again, same peculiar behaviour.

When (3) happens, no horizontal scroll bar is visible, and no action occurs upon clicking where the bar should be.

Regarding computer setup: Yes, "the car has been fueled up", i.e. all the latest operating system updates and drivers intalled. In fact, the behaviour is the same on my two computers which have been set up independently from each other at different times. In particular:
    Laptop 1 (newer): HP 8560w machine, Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, NVIDIA Quadro 1000M graphics card
    Laptop 2 (older): HP 8710p machine, Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit, NVIDIA Quadro NVS 320M graphics card, almost "bare-naked" system with not much else on it

Administrator

There must be something specific to your systems which is causing it, as it has never been reported in the last 15 years. It is Windows which handles that control, not dBpoweramp.