title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Saving to usb backup drive and C drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MGS
    • Mar 2015

Saving to usb backup drive and C drive

I have been able to route ripped CDs to backup file on computer and into automatic to iTunes file but not my usb back up on G drive. The multi encoder does not have an option to select a different drive. I tried copying archive file from G drive to C drive so the multi encoder can see it but this did not result in CDs being copied to G drive. Any help would be appreciate so I don't have to rip twice for every CD. Thanks
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Saving to usb backup drive and C drive

I may be missing something, but why not rip once, then *copy* the files to whatever other backup locations you have. I rip once, do any tag cleanup that I might need to do after the fact, then copy the new files from my laptop (where ripped) to my dropbox account and to my music server (across my home network). Then I copy from the dropbox location to my backup at the office, my music server at the weekend house, and USB drive that is my backup drive. So I rip once, but end up with copies in 4 locations. Then I delete that batch of files from dropbox, and I'm ready to rip the next new batch later on. (and instead of dropbox, I could copy to a USB drive and move to other locations using that option).

Comment

Working...

]]>