title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: DVD Drive can't read the ISRC anymore (After cloning the Main-HDD c:\ ) **HELP**

Question DVD Drive can't read the ISRC anymore (After cloning the Main-HDD c:\ ) **HELP**

Hi there,

i've changed my Main Harddrive to a larger one with cloning the old HD to a new and bigger one. After starting Windows for the first time from the new HD all Programms worked,
    except for the DVD-Discdrive: Windows couldnt find it all. The solution which i found in a different forum was, that somewhere in the registry the "Upper and Lower filters"
    for the Drive had to be deleted. I did that and uninstalled my DVD Drive.. rebooted.. and voila! Everything seemed to work again.

... Until... i discovered, that DB Poweramp isnt able to read the "ISRC" Code from Audio Cd's anymore

I tried, uninstalling the Discdrive again, completly removed DB Poweramp again, used CC-Cleaner to get rid of all unused Registry information, rebooted and installed DB Poweramp back again
    But it still can't read the Isrc Code. (The Drive isnt even flashing when i select: Meta / Retrieve From / Cd-Isrc)

Strangly a Different Audio Ripper (The one starting with Exac...) is able to read the Isrc when i create a Cuesheet from the Audio Disc.

Has anyone ever had the same problem? What could be the solution?

Administrator

Re: DVD Drive can't read the ISRC anymore (After cloning the Main-HDD c:\ ) **HELP**

I have not heard of this before, what filters were removed to get it to work?

Re: DVD Drive can't read the ISRC anymore (After cloning the Main-HDD c:\ ) **HELP**

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I have not heard of this before, what filters were removed to get it to work?
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    The Entry "LowerFilter" and the Entry "UpperFilters"

I just found out that the CD-Text could be read, but not the CD-ISRC and CD-UPC

It seems to be a common problem, that the DVD Drive vanishes after cloning the Main HDD. There a lots of Posts
    about it in the "Interweb" :-P But i guess none of them ever seems to care about the Isrc & Upc

I've no idea, if this is a Windows or DB-Poweramp Problem. But as mentioned before, "Exac.." could create a Cuesheet with the ISRC and UPC Code in it

Edit: Oh, and btw the Upper & LowerFilter Entry is now gone from the registry after i deleted it.. Windows didnt create a new one *shrugs*
    Last edited by bonneville; 03-09-2015 at 07:41 AM.