title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Automatic File Copy?

Automatic File Copy?

I'm after some advice regarding my setup of dB PowerAmp CD ripper. I've actually been using the program for several years and have settled on a setup that works well for me:
    I use the Multi-Encode option and rip a FLAC file to my laptop along with an mp3 version and also a FLAC copy to my NAS drive too.
    This works fine, but I wondered if it was possible to speed up the workflow slightly by ripping 1 x mp3, 1 x FLAC and then a simple (automated) file copy of the FLAC file to the NAS.
    - I know I could use MS Sync Toy or numerous other programs to copy my local FLAC's to the NAS, but I'd like it to all happen at ripping time from within CD ripper if possible.
    Any suggestions?

Administrator

Re: Automatic File Copy?

FLAC takes almost no CPU times to encode, so there would be no saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    FLAC takes almost no CPU times to encode, so there would be no saving.
    Thanks Spoon that's useful to know. Out of interest if I'd wanted 1 x FLAC and 2 x MP3s though is there a way to automate a file copy from within the CD ripper workflow? [might help anyone searching this forum for a similar issue in future]

Administrator

If you have a modern system it would be able to create 5 mp3 files easily at the speed a drive rips.