title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: API to check Asset UPnP streaming status

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

API to check Asset UPnP streaming status

Hi,

Is there any possibility to check Asset's streaming status from external programs?
    I would need some kind of API I could query from an external program to check is Asset is currently streaming music. If there's no API, are there other possibilities to receive such information?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: API to check Asset UPnP streaming status

Forgot to mention that the platform is Windows.

Administrator

Sorry there is no possibilities, it is more the player you would target with the api, rather than server.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

In my case I have to query the server side.

Some background info: I'm running a Windows server with Asset UPnP. This server is configured to switch to standby after 15 minutes. Ususally, Windows switches to standby no matter if the server is in use - like client access to a network share, or in this special case: the server is streaming music.
    Now I've developed an application (Windows Server Advanced Power Management) where rule sets can be defined when the server must not switch to standby.

This works very well...but unfortunately I can't determine if the server is streaming music. Simply looking at the current network bandwidth doesn't seem to be enough, because these values are really unsteady (due to some kind of buffering, I think).
    So I have to stay on the server side...

Could this be a feature request?

Administrator

We have the wishlist section of the website.