title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: FLAC conversion error

FLAC conversion error

I am receiving an error when trying to convert several tracks to add Replaygain. The tracks play fine, and pass the Test conversion. This is the error message.

Error converting to FLAC, 'F:\Singles\Tag Me\01 - The Chess Players.flac' to 'K:\Singles\Tag Me\Art Blakey - The Chess Players.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'K:\Singles\Tag Me\Art Blakey - The Chess Players.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

I can convert them from FLAC to WAV, but trying again to convert to FLAC results in the same error.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: FLAC conversion error

Quote Originally Posted by Fallsroad View Post
    I am receiving an error when trying to convert several tracks to add Replaygain. The tracks play fine, and pass the Test conversion. This is the error message.

Error converting to FLAC, 'F:\Singles\Tag Me\01 - The Chess Players.flac' to 'K:\Singles\Tag Me\Art Blakey - The Chess Players.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'K:\Singles\Tag Me\Art Blakey - The Chess Players.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

I can convert them from FLAC to WAV, but trying again to convert to FLAC results in the same error.
    is the K: drive a network drive, a usb drive? or ???. I suspect the program doesn't have permission to write to K: drive.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    is the K: drive a network drive, a usb drive? or ???. I suspect the program doesn't have permission to write to K: drive.
    *smacks forehead*

I was doing conversions yesterday to an external drive. Missed that in the error message. With the right drive target, it works normally. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Excellent. Easy fix!