title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper ripping to individual tracks but not to album/artist folder

CD Ripper ripping to individual tracks but not to album/artist folder

I am ripping some CDs to uncompressed FLAC on an external hard drive on which I have set up a folder named "dBpoweramp rips." I have set the ripper's output location to the "dBpoweramp rips" folder on the external drive. I thought that when I ripped a CD, it would show up nicely organized under an artist folder, and within that, an album folder. Instead I get all the individual tracks of the CD, but no artist or album folder. I can manually create artist and album folders, and then cut and paste the individual tracks, but is there some setting to make the ripped tracks automatically organize into artist/album folders when I rip to the "dBpoweramp rips" folder on the external drive?

I also rip CDs to a separate drive on NAS which houses my iTunes library, and these rips do automatically organize under artist and album.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper ripping to individual tracks but not to album/artist folder

It is down to the naming value used in CD Ripper, it must have been changed from the default value, in CD ripper click the Set button for the naming, then click the default button to restore the default naming value.

If you are using multi-encoder, you have to copy the naming value from CD Ripper onto the mutli-encoder settings page.

Thanks for the quick help. I'm new to dBpoweramp, think it's a great tool, but still figuring it out. Can you please explain the following in a bit more detail?

If you are using multi-encoder, you have to copy the naming value from CD Ripper onto the mutli-encoder settings page.

In multi-encoder, the naming bar is grayed out. I have multi-encoder set to rip to AIFF for NAS "Add to iTunes" folder, and to uncompressed FLAC on external hard drive "dBpoweramp rips" folder. Is the problem because I'm ripping in two different file formats?

I just tried a direct rip to the external hard drive, not using multi-encoder, and it worked fine, organized the tracks in artist/album folder. So, it's a multi-encoder challenge I'm facing.
    Last edited by guildenstern; 03-05-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Regarding your instruction, "If you are using multi-encoder, you have to copy the naming value from CD Ripper onto the mutli-encoder settings page" -- I figured it out. For each separate encoder, I clicked the Settings button, and in the popup screen, under "Output Location," I clicked the radio button for "Dynamic." All good now!