title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Artwork issue.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Artwork issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    I can't really see what the image is. Is it a known cover for that album, or at least one of the tracks, on that album?
    The image is of a cd cover. NOT for those files.There homemade cd ripps-so should have no cover.I do Know the cover& the cd-but tracks have been deleted.-But maybe the image is still in P.C..?If theres any software to scan artwork in p.c-let me know.

Homemade cds USED TO have NO artwork-but this same cover is pulling through on all "homemades" now.

The cd Cover. Heres a link to the image:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moment-Lalah...lalah+hathaway

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by daleyb View Post
    So...Shot 2.This shows after ripp one shown in large file icons the other in small.If i right click and hold in small window the flac logo remains(i know thats normal)but the shown image pops up.the large icon the image is shown.

When i go to dpba idtags = no artwork shown In Bottom of pop up. Unless I add artwork in jpeg then it pops up in window at bottom of Idtags windows. (which i dont want)I then remove artwork.But artwork still stays in other folders as shown..
    Sorry, I would like to help but I am having a problem deciphering what you are saying.

Firstly, are these screenshots from Windows File Explorer?

dBpoweramp Guru

1. Make sure you turn on "show hidden files" in your windows explorer menu.
    ORGANIZE > FOLDER SEARCH OPTIONS > View Tab.
    Under "hidden files and folders" tick the circle that has "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"

2. My guess is that this rogue artwork is somewhere on your HD, probably in the parent directory where all your music files are located. And because there is no other art associated with these files, it is picking up this artwork to show with these music files.

3. Go to the top level of the parent directory where all your music files are stored, then do a search within that directory for *.jpeg or *.jpg. This should end up showing you only jpg files. Do you see this file show up in your windows explorer?

==============================

A separate test. Create a new subdirectory under C:\
    1. Call it C:\test
    2. Copy a couple of your album subdirectories (containing the audio files) from your "homemade" CDs to the c:\test directory.

When you look at these files do they have the rogue artwork???

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes.windows 7. after ripp./ except the the amazon link.

dBpoweramp Guru

also, dbpa 4 shot shows the dbpa ID TAG EDIT screen with the artwork showing up. Is this because you added it there, and then you deleted it later. Why is it showing up in the that screen shot if you didn't add it to file. And you said earlier that the art does NOT show up in the dbpa edit id tag mode. But it is showing up in this picture. Picture below:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/attachm...3&d=1426265075

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Make sure you turn on "show hidden files" in your windows explorer menu.
    I agree garym, that is exactly where I was going with this.

There must be hidden AlbumArtSmall.jpg and/or AlbumArtLarge.jpg files in the ripped folders, which need deleting.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks Garym

1. Found "show hidden files" and ticked Circle.

2. Iam 99.9% You are Correct.

3.Not sure I understand about " Go to the top level of the parent directory" bit-I realise you can do a search at top of screen.-will do

If I see rogue image in list-do I just Delete it/them..
    Will do other test too- tomorrow.

It must be something really Simple-But not being super Tech Savy(Think you have already worked that out) its tricky for me....

Thanks a million for help-I would of given up by now and told me to throw my P.C. out the window! ;-/

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I didnt mean to Confuse things here-Which I may have done..

After ripp the ID TAG edit screen shows no artwork.If i go to add artwork jpeg folder in ID TAG edit screen it adds it.

of Course i then remove it-but it stillappears in files as shown in shots.

dBpoweramp Guru

After ripp the ID TAG edit screen shows no artwork.If i go to add artwork jpeg folder in ID TAG edit screen it adds it.

of Course i then remove it-but it stillappears in files as shown in shots.
    This may be because the artwork, when added using Edit ID-Tag, gets added to the icon cache database.

Then, when you remove the artwork using Edit ID-Tag, it is stiil in the icon cache database.

dBpoweramp Guru

If I see rogue image in list-do I just Delete it/them..
    Yes, once you can see hidden files (which you can now), and your search in explorer shows any of these odd cover pictures that are showing up, you should definitely select them, and delete them.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

UPDATE: done Garyms first test and deleted all images. Find 2nd test a bit complex would need it simplified.Used a duplicate photo program and found 2 images -sent to a folder with tracks-and the the 2 images attached them selves to 2 of the 8 tracks.(It assumes i wanted them there) Then deleted all files.

Found this link:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-bf58393b7108

Could be my next step!

dBpoweramp Guru

UPDATE: done Garyms first test and deleted all images. Find 2nd test a bit complex would need it simplified.Used a duplicate photo program and found 2 images -sent to a folder with tracks-and the the 2 images attached them selves to 2 of the 8 tracks.(It assumes i wanted them there) Then deleted all files.

Found this link:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-bf58393b7108

Could be my next step!
    That link is telling you the same things we've already been telling you! The second test I'm asking about is simple and should take about 2 seconds. All I'm asking you to do is put some music folders in a different parent folder (actually in the C:\ root folder) and then look at the files from there to see if the program you're using to look at the files (windows explorer? or is there some other program where you are looking at the music files...that's never been entirely clear to me).

Were the images you found and deleted the rogue image? Did it solve any of the problems you report or did it not? What do you mean when you say the 2 images "attached themselves to 2 of the 8 tracks". Were they just showing in some program (windows explorer)?, were they attached in the sense of being embedded to the 2 audio files? And what were you using the duplicate photo program for. The earlier advice we gave you was to simply make sure you could see all files, hidden or not. And then just searching in the folders with your music for any *.jpg or *.jpeg files and seeing if you found files that shouldn't be there so you could simply delete them. Did you do this step?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Garym-To be be honest Iam not sure where the Rogue picture is now. Ive done the First test and deleted rogue piccy /s but its still pulling through dbpa homemade ripps. Iam using just Windows explorer.I dont know if any of this helps- I dont back anything up on my computer-thats off. When I play file on Foobar the rogue artwork appears.On Mp3tag its not showing.
    The duplicate software was called "awesome duplicate photo" I thought it may help.I moved 2 of the unwanted images to a music folder and they attached to 2 of 8 tracks then Deleted all.

If i move/ drag a music folder/file with the image to another part of computer i.e f:/ Where hd storgage music files kept-to C/: Location the file remains but image goes..?

Far as I know have no other program but Windows Explorer. DBPA for music ripps../ Burrrn-burning.I use Foobar/amazon libary(never use amazon library so may remove!)

Thanks for continued help!!!!

Dont know if above is helpful or just confusing...Will try step 2.
    Last edited by daleyb; 03-15-2015 at 11:02 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

When I play file on Foobar the rogue artwork appears. On Mp3tag its not showing.
    Screenshots please. I think you maybe confusing file icons with artwork files. Let's see.

If there is no artwork showing in MP3Tag then the artwork is not embedded with the file.

In Windows Explorer, are you showing hidden files and folders? If yes, then can you confirm that the only files in your folder are audio files?

... also, in Control Panel>Folder options can you un-tick Hide extensions for known file types

... and another question. What format are your ripped audio files?
    Last edited by mville; 03-15-2015 at 02:22 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If you wish I can give you the screenshot-but they will only be the same as others.I can tell the WMP (NOW redundant) AND fOOBAR icons.its the rogue cd cover thats the hard thing to get rid.

I have "showing hidden files" ticked.Cant find Folder options in Control panel (please expand)All files ripped to Flac.

All Original cds Artwork -Perfect.

(Dont Know if this hinder or Helps...But in DBPA RIP window "options" Meta tagsid if" Art" unticked-even Orig.CDS will be replaced by rogue Artwork;-((((..........)