title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Artwork issue.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daleyb
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2014

Re: Artwork issue.

I have turned off wmp and deleted all images of said file.I dont believe its embed-if i select and drag art work track to desktop it disappears (i just get foobar logo only.-with track.) the image is not showing in DBPA idtags in BUT IF I add jpeg image up it pops up....I can only think its still in my P.C. Somewhere. any ideas folks..???

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by daleyb
      I have turned off wmp and deleted all images of said file.I dont believe its embed-if i select and drag art work track to desktop it disappears (i just get foobar logo only.-with track.) the image is not showing in DBPA idtags in BUT IF I add jpeg image up it pops up....I can only think its still in my P.C. Somewhere. any ideas folks..???
      Are we talking about one album? One track? What's the scope of this problem.

BUT IF I add jpeg image up it pops up....
      What does that mean? If you add image where? How? What program are you in when you do this?

Comment

• daleyb
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2014

thanks for getting back Brody Boy..Its Not the music album or tracks its just the same artwork that comes up.(only front cover-the same one. When I ripp a homemade CD theres no artwork in DBPA window-as expected. then when ripp is complete I go into track/s in pc hd and when I select track the front cover of cd theres with now foobar logo at bottom of cd cover.(i realise the foobar logo s proberly generic and disapears later if put to a NAS/.STREAMER.)
        At this stage if I go intodbpa- id edit tags the artworks not showing at bottom of pop up window.If however, i add jpeg artwork the same piccy comes up.(of course I then remove it.)IF i select the track/s it also previews it on left side of screen in Windows.
        Ive tried mp3tag and theres no image showing embed (so i may be worrying for nothing)-and if track pulled on desktop the image just shows foobar logo only.

Like you said on earlier part of thread- its from a .rar file. It never happened before this on Orig.CDs-so maybe thats it. I opened this file on WINZIP. but since deleted WINZIP and music files.I only had a couple on it.

Like you said its pulling in from somewhere to all tracks/albums without artwork.(But i dont want any artwork on homemage cds just blank.!)The only program is DBPA AND WINDOWS 7 now using foobar...

Normal Original cds-work fine and show correct artwork.
        Ive looked through files on computer and deleted that image & tracks-but my thoughts are that its still lurking in my P.C somewhere.
        Iam just wondering in DBPA is there anyway to delete unwanted files.Somehow dbpa is pulling it out from somewhere.
        WMP-Is now delete.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

this has nothing to do with dbpa. Didn't you say that when you look at the album files within dbpa, you do NOT see this artwork. Are you saying that you see this artwork within the foobar2000 player when opened in foobar2000? Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing.

Also, I've never seen a foobar logo show up as artwork in foobar2000. Maybe you're talking about the foobar icon that shows up next to file type in windows explorer. This is not artwork, but just a filetype icon (because foobar2000 is the preferred player for those type files). By icons, I mean like the following pictures (and these are just what one sees in windows file explorer as icons, NOT what one would see in a player's playback screen, including foobar2000.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27403489/CropperCapture%5B1%5D%20%284%29.jpg

BOTTOM LINE: Please post some screen shots of what you're seeing. You can get free programs to do screen shots of your screen, then save them in something like a free dropbox account. then post a link to the pictures here, as I've done.

see:

Last edited by garym; 03-11-2015, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• daleyb
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Oct 2014

Hi Garym- Dont know if any of this helps.. Just tried Mp3 tag and it now seems its Embed.Just put track to phone and same image pops up. until I can get rid of image-I cant Risk it wont be there further down line on streamer.So all homemade ripps are at halt.Even when I drag to Desktop same cd cover appears now with Foobar small icon at Corner..To be honest I dont have any artwork in foobar come up-not sure how to cofigure that yet.

Like your list of tracks showing above-i get the same foobar logoS(i realise thats normal) but when I right click-on any track same cd covers attached-to what should be blank.
            After trying to edit in DBPA idtag there no image in artwork but if I add jpeg -up rears its ugly head!

Will try snap shot but it will only look like your list-unless it pick up cover when selected.
            Will proberly have to go on another forum for snapshots-never done one!

Joking apart-it must be Something really simple.My local computer shop says its a bug in Software-but Iam not Buying that!

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Hi Garym- Dont know if any of this helps.. Just tried Mp3 tag and it now seems its Embed.Just put track to phone and same image pops up. until I can get rid of image-I cant Risk it wont be there further down line on streamer.So all homemade ripps are at halt.Even when I drag to Desktop same cd cover appears now with Foobar small icon at Corner..To be honest I dont have any artwork in foobar come up-not sure how to cofigure that yet.

Like your list of tracks showing above-i get the same foobar logoS(i realise thats normal) but when I right click-on any track same cd covers attached-to what should be blank.
              After trying to edit in DBPA idtag there no image in artwork but if I add jpeg -up rears its ugly head!

Will try snap shot but it will only look like your list-unless it pick up cover when selected.
              Will proberly have to go on another forum for snapshots-never done one!

Joking apart-it must be Something really simple.My local computer shop says its a bug in Software-but Iam not Buying that!
              No, its not a bug in software (at least not dbpa, as dbpa has nothing to do with the issue you're seeing). What do you mean when you say "if I add jpeg - up rears its ugly head". Add jpeg to what? to the file? to the album subdirectory? using what program? and where are you seeing it raise its ugly head, in a particular program you're using?

Also, are you saying the rogue artwork is now showing as embedded art within the file within mp3tag??

I'm sorry, but we seem to have a hard time getting you to be specific rather than talking in generalities. It's sorta like you're pointing at things to help us understand your problem, but we can't *see* you, we can only read your words and they're not specific enough. That's why I think screen shots may be helpful so we can see what you're seeing.

ps. I posted a link to the program I use for screen shots. Its easy. install it. Then get to the screen you want to take a picture of. run cropper, a white see through box opens up. Resize the box and position it where you want on the screen, then click the "+" in the middle of the box. This will take the screenshot and save it for you. Then you can link the picture here for us to see.
              Last edited by garym; 03-12-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Just tried Mp3 tag and it now seems its Embed.
                The artwork is either embedded or it isn't. As garym suggests, please post a screen shot from MP3Tag or explain clearly what you mean by the above statement or we are unable to help you.

To troubleshoot this issue, we need to go one step at a time.

Comment

• Dat Ei
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Feb 2014

Gary, I admire you for your patience!

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mville
                    To troubleshoot this issue, we need to go one step at a time.
                    This is the key daleyb. You have a tendency to throw a lot of random discussion at us and what we're saying is slow down, be very, very specific and descriptive. You're combining windows, dbpa, other programs, file compression programs, icons, picture art, etc. all into one big glob. I'm sure your problem is solvable, but it will require some step-by-step diagnostics.

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                    Gary, I admire you for your patience!
                    Dat Ei
                    Thanks. Everyone has to start somewhere and I try to remember that. A few years ago I thought it was just magic that a song showed up on my ipod and it somehow knew the title and artist.

Comment

• daleyb
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Oct 2014

Thanks for everyones patience! on this thread and forum... O.K. I will take a step back and try again-I just get frustrated... bear with me folks!

Comment

• daleyb
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Oct 2014

O.K. Ive got the shots done. ( good program)Ive only got them saved in Libre office. How do I attach them to this..?Can I just attach them, copy and paste them pdf them-or do I have to go dropbox route. the simple way works best for moi!

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

look at those icons above the box where you type your forum response. The third icon from the right is "insert image" Click on this, then click on "from computer" tab, then browse to the image(s) you want to insert in response.

Comment

• daleyb
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Oct 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	dbpa2 shot jpeg.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	292871

Comment

• daleyb
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Oct 2014

Name:	dbpa2 shot jpeg.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	292872Click image for larger version

Name:	dbpa shot1jp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	292873

Name:	dbpa 4 shotjp.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	292874Click image for larger version

Name:	dbpa 5jpeg.jpg
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	292875

Sorry the first Image is gone large but seemed to resized its self on second attept.

So...Shot 2.This shows after ripp one shown in large file icons the other in small.If i right click and hold in small window the flac logo remains(i know thats normal)but the shown image pops up.the large icon the image is shown.

When i go to dpba idtags = no artwork shown In Bottom of pop up. Unless I add artwork in jpeg then it pops up in window at bottom of Idtags windows. (which i dont want)I then remove artwork.But artwork still stays in other folders as shown..
                              Last edited by daleyb; 03-13-2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Sep 2011

I can't really see what the image is. Is it a known cover for that album, or at least one of the tracks, on that album?

Comment

Working...

]]>