title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Artwork issue.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Artwork issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    1. Open the Control Panel. Change from Category view to an Icon view and double click on the Default Programs icon.

2. Click on the Associate a file type or protocol with a program link.

Found it. Flac= foobar. its the same as your screen shot....

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just got the rogue artwork out of my Computer...Yipeeeee!!! How..? Well i Just reformatted my F: drive and cleaned it via a youtube tutorial .Dont know which one worked-but who cares-ITS GONE!

many thanks to all who helped on thread-esp mville who lead me the right way.I cannot believe someone like me with little computer knowledge could get rid of it-yet my friend of friend who as a degree in Astro physics (iam not joking here) and works as a systems analyst could not.It just dont add up....

Still back to ripping now...Thanks all- happy days.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by daleyb View Post
    Just got the rogue artwork out of my Computer...Yipeeeee!!! How..? Well i Just reformatted my F: drive and cleaned it via a youtube tutorial .Dont know which one worked-but who cares-ITS GONE!
    Probably a hidden thumbs.db file (created by Windows Media Player), related to the thumbnail cache which was generating the preview you were seeing.

Anyway, we will never know for sure. At least you are sorted.

dBpoweramp Guru

good to hear. And never ever ever install or open Windows Media Player on your machine. Or at least don't let it know the location of your music files!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    And never ever ever install or open Windows Media Player on your machine. Or at least don't let it know the location of your music files!
    Agreed... and the moral to this story is?

If you are serious about your audio library, try not to use editor/player/server software written by corporate software developers, but rather by experienced audio developers.