title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rip without white

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Franck Caccia
    • Mar 2015

Rip without white

I would like to rip CD of opera, where there is no white (silence) between each track. How to do? When I rip there is always a white of 1 or 2 seconds ! Someone can help? Thank you.
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Rip without white

Originally posted by Franck Caccia
    I would like to rip CD of opera, where there is no white (silence) between each track. How to do? When I rip there is always a white of 1 or 2 seconds ! Someone can help? Thank you.
    Try this: Make sure you Rip as One (it's located right under the red help button in CD Ripper), and use the DSP "Audio CD - Remove Gaps."

Comment

• AndersHu
      • Apr 2008

This should not be a problem for dbPoweramp. Usually it is a playback problem.
      What player do you use, and to which format do you rip?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by AndersHu
        This should not be a problem for dbPoweramp. Usually it is a playback problem.
        What player do you use, and to which format do you rip?
        agree, if the CD is gapless (no silence between tracks), then the dbpa rip of the music should be gapless too without doing anything special when ripping. But as pointed out by AndersHu, the PLAYER may or may not handle gapless. This is often true when one uses, for example, VLC as a player. report back on player used that is giving you silence/gaps.
        Last edited by garym; 03-04-2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• drjenkins
          • Feb 2006

foobar2000 is a gapless player. Even if it is not your preferred player you might want to use it to test your rip. If foobar2000 plays your rip gapless and your preferred player does not, then you know where the problem lies. If there are gaps in your foobar2000 playback, then almost certainly your original source was not gapless.

Comment

• Franck Caccia
            • Mar 2015

Effectively, using Rip as One, I have no more gaps, but I have no more tracks. So it is good to hear the complete opera, but I have no more the possibility to hear only 1 specific track !

Comment

• Franck Caccia
              • Mar 2015

I'm using a Blue-Ray Player which is connected to my hifi system. I rip in FLAC format.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2011

Okay, I didn't realize you still wanted separate tracks. Since opera isn't actually recorded that way, the notion of "tracks" is really just markers placed at arbitrary points in the recordings. (One of the many reasons opera tags are such a pain.) But if you want to retain the track markers and still have "play-as-one" capability, it does require a player that can do gapless playback. You'll need to check your BD player's manual or online support to see if it does.

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Franck Caccia
                  I'm using a Blue-Ray Player which is connected to my hifi system. I rip in FLAC format.
                  based on my experience, many (most) blu-ray players that work as network streamers are using DLNA/upnp method and simply don't handle gapless. So this almost assuredly is a PLAYER problem, not a tagging/ripping problem.

Comment

• Franck Caccia
                    • Mar 2015

OK I understand now and I thank you very much for your explanation. Franck

Comment

• schmidj
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2013

You might want to consider a crude solution: Rip the CD twice, once "play as one" to hear the opera without gaps, once as tracks, to hear the individual tracks. Name the albums differently, so they don't overwrite each other. When you play, select which version you want. This "gapless" issue is one of a number of problems with DLNA/upnp as implemented by many manufacturers.

Comment

• Franck Caccia
                        • Mar 2015

It's exactely that I made, and is perfect. Merci. Franck

Comment

Working...

]]>