title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some tracks truncating

some tracks truncating

I'm running secure mode, and sometimes, I'm getting truncated tracks. Anything I should be looking at to help resolve the issue?

(I'm running the batch ripper, and it's reporting success)

Here is a screenshot of the folder in Windows Explorer (note the file sizes on the last 3 tracks):

Truncation.JPG

Re: some tracks truncating

I've tried several settings, and the same tracks are lost/truncated. Any ideas?

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

What was the accurate rip status for those tracks? Any error messages during ripping?

Dat Ei

On the McGraw CD - "10 Accurate 4 Secure"

Ripped 'Track 1' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\01 Tim McGraw - The Cowboy in Me.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 2' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\02 Tim McGraw - Telluride.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 3' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\03 Tim McGraw - You Get Used to Somebody.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 4' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\04 Tim McGraw - Unbroken.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 5' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\05 Tim McGraw - Things Change.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 6' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\06 Tim McGraw - Angel Boy.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 7' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\07 Tim McGraw - Forget About Us.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 8' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\08 Tim McGraw - Take Me Away From Here.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 9' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\09 Tim McGraw - Smilin'.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 10' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\10 Tim McGraw - Set This Circus Down.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 11' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\11 Tim McGraw - Angry All the Time.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 12' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\12 Tim McGraw - Let Me Love You.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 13' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\13 Tim McGraw - Grown Men Don't Cry.flac'
    Ripped 'Track 14' to 'C:\FLAC\Tim McGraw\Set This Circus Down\14 Tim McGraw - Why We Said Goodbye.flac'

On a Dire Straits CD - 11 Accurate 1 Secure
    On a Dire Straits CD (On Every Street), the last track (How Long) is only 37Kb in size.

Really strange... I wonder if the "Secure" tracks aren't being properly processed?
    Last edited by wilbur_the_goos; 03-03-2015 at 05:57 PM.

By the way, it's only tracks at the end of the CD that are missing, Most often, they are all there, sometimes tj last, and a few, more than 1.

dBpoweramp Guru

And just to be clear, the files with the very small file sizes, do NOT play correctly (or play at all I assume). Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    And just to be clear, the files with the very small file sizes, do NOT play correctly (or play at all I assume). Correct?
    That's right.

Here's the Dire Straits info from JRiver. When I play the last song, I get nothing, but all other tracks sound perfect.
    DireStraits.JPG

I just did a search on my FLAC folder, and it turns out that 1600 out of 16,000 tracks have this problem :(
    Last edited by wilbur_the_goos; 03-03-2015 at 09:18 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

it's almost as if something is restricting the writing of these files (permissions, AV program, etc.). But you're ripping to the C: drive of your machine so that is typically not where these problems crop up (more typically when ripping to a network location (NAS, etc.). And when you rerip these files, what happens?

Same behavior when I re rip. I'm an IT guy, so I'm going though my routine diagnostic routine, but I don't know enough about how the software works to get much deeper.

And if I wasn't clear enough early, the issue is when I'm batch ripping

Administrator

What security software do you have?

If AccurateRip verifies the file, then the audio data is passing correctly in to dBpoweramp, it is possible that coreconverter.exe is being blocked from writing the audio data, but later CD Ripper tries to ID tag the file and that is the 39kb file.

I'm running Webroot.

I watched the ripping closely. It appears that a FLAC.tmp file is created and then copied over to the "real" file. In the case with the truncated file, the tmp file is created, but is never written to the FLAC file. In fact, it just disappears.

I'm going to see if the same thing happens with an mp3 target rip. I'm also going to try to see if there are any settings that can help resolve the issue.

Thanks for your help!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goos View Post
    I'm running Webroot.

I watched the ripping closely. It appears that a FLAC.tmp file is created and then copied over to the "real" file. In the case with the truncated file, the tmp file is created, but is never written to the FLAC file. In fact, it just disappears.

I'm going to see if the same thing happens with an mp3 target rip. I'm also going to try to see if there are any settings that can help resolve the issue.

Thanks for your help!
    temporarily disable your AV software to see if that is it. or as spoon pointed out, add coreconverter.exe to the "safe" list on your AV software.

Administrator

If no destination files existed, ie it is the first time you are ripping that disc, .tmp files should not be used.

Turned off Webroot - same issue. I'm attaching the log..dbpoweramp_log.txt

(I deleted the flac files, and no more tmp files are being created)
    Last edited by wilbur_the_goos; 03-04-2015 at 09:20 AM.

OK - Steps taken.
    Ripped to WAV - all tracks processed
    Ripped to mp3 - the same track was lost
    Ripped to FLAC again - the same track was lost

Are there any settings for the Sony CD changer that might need to be adjusted?