title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multi CPU-Force not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schorsch
    • May 2012

Multi CPU-Force not working

Hello,

since upgrading from 15.1 to 15.2 I have the "problem" that converting files from .wav to .flac is now done only one file after the other.
    Before (with 15.1) I saw all of my 8 CPUs working simultaneously (even without the need of using "Multi-CPU Force") but with 15.2 (without changing any of the settings) only one file is shown respectively converting.

The encoding speed before with up to 8 CPUs was about 4 to 5 times higher (often more than x1000). I now tried several settings with the Multi-CPU Force (ticking the boxes CPU 1 to 8 with "Do Not Ally to Processor" checked respectively unchecked) but no improvement.
    I know that while converting from .flac to .wav only 1 CPU is working but the other way round all 8 CPUs were in use.

Using the Batch Converter shows exactly the same behaviour; any ideas how to get the "High Speed Converting" back ;-)

Thanks
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Multi CPU-Force not working

I'm thinking that 15.2 didn't install as "registered." When you open the Configuration pop-up, does it show as registered?

Comment

• schorsch
      • May 2012

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
      I'm thinking that 15.2 didn't install as "registered." When you open the Configuration pop-up, does it show as registered?
      Yes, it does show as registered.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Sorry..I misspoke! I meant "Reference." Multi-CPU encoding requires dBp Reference. Assuming you are using Reference, Spoon will have to weigh in with more technical expertise on what would be forcing one CPU conversions.

Comment

• schorsch
          • May 2012

I just uninstalled the program and cleared the registry with dBpoweramp-Reset. After the new installation everything is back to normal and working fine ;-)

Comment

• BrodyBoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by schorsch
            I just uninstalled the program and cleared the registry with dBpoweramp-Reset. After the new installation everything is back to normal and working fine ;-)
            Interesting. It'd still be nice to know what was going on there! Spoon....?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It is possible 2 dbpoweramps were installed.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>