title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Playing Music Via iTunes etc While Using dBpa CD Ripper (+ dBpa 4 Mac Question)

Playing Music Via iTunes etc While Using dBpa CD Ripper (+ dBpa 4 Mac Question)

Hello All,

I apologize for the very basic question but does playing audio through iTunes or whatever your favoured media player is while ripping using dBpoweramp CD Ripper affect the quality of the rips in any way? I have always stopped listening to music (with iTunes) on the PC when I am ripping but now that my PC and my Mac Pro are in different rooms I can't use it to play music while using dBpoweramp. I am not worried about any performance issues as my PC is nearer the high end in terms of RAM CPU etc as I use it for gaming so could easily handle ripping and audio playback I'm just paranoid that it will affect the end product.

I also wanted to ask a question about dBpoweramp beta for Mac and I don't see the need to make two threads when one will do. I am subscribed to the news letter yet didn't hear about the beta which was disappointing but anyway. I would like to thank everyone involved for finally bring dBpoweramp to OS X I will buy the family license when it is released I may even need to family license due to the number of Mac's we own.

However my question and I realized the details may not be finalized yet but will dBpoweramp PC users get some sort of loyalty discount if they choose to buy the OS X version as well as their existing PC version? If the answer is no it certainly wouldn't stop me buying dBpoweramp for Mac the only reason I have a PC is for dBpoweramp and the odd game (mainly for dBpoweramp).

Thank you very much for your time, take care.

Kind Regards,

L

Administrator

Re: Playing Music Via iTunes etc While Using dBpa CD Ripper (+ dBpa 4 Mac Question)

No it does affect quality.

Re: Playing Music Via iTunes etc While Using dBpa CD Ripper (+ dBpa 4 Mac Question)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    No it does affect quality.
    Thanks Spoon, have a nice day!

Regards,

L