title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Accuraterip and batch ripper

Accuraterip and batch ripper

When I ripped a single CD from my laptop Toshiba drive, the AccurateRip process started automatically and completed successfully. When I use the Nimbie USB Plus, the process doesn't start for the Pioneer drive in that device. How do I start it in Batch Ripper?

Administrator

Re: Accuraterip and batch ripper

You have to use CD Ripper to configure AccurateRip, then batch ripper will use it.

CD Ripper can see the drive in the Nimbie, but won't communicate with it to run a single disc and set up AccurateRip. 3 solid green LEDs indicate that Nimbie is ready to rip. I've clicked on Rip and Retry, but nothing happens. Only batch ripper seems to communicate with Nimbie. So how do I set up AccurateRip for the Pioneer drive in the Nimbie?

Administrator

You would manually load a disc for cd ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would manually load a disc for cd ripper.
    I manually loaded it in the Nimbie and could not get it to rip from cd ripper. If I am missing something here, please be more specific as I am a newbie.

Administrator

You would have to select the correct CD drive in CD ripper.

It shows a track listing in cd ripper?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would have to select the correct CD drive in CD ripper.

It shows a track listing in cd ripper?
    No. Before or after I select the Nimbie drive, there is no track listing. Rip is grayed out and there is the red circle with slash through it followed by <Insert Audio CD>. This is the same display I mentioned in another thread regarding having to reboot CD ripper for each new disc.

Administrator

There is something very strange going if this is happening, try:

CD ripper >> Options >> Communication >> Windows Internal.

There is no Communication option available. See screenshot at http://postimg.org/image/clp2pwv71/f35ab5d9/ . It doesn't appear in the drop-down menu activated by the down arrow next to Options icon either.

Administrator

You must run CD Ripper with the icon on desktop or start menu, not by clicking profile in batch ripper.

In case this might be helpful, here is screen shot of my computer info - http://postimg.org/image/8qzgskg6l/0550797e/ . I'm ripping to music library on a Synology DS214Play.

I just spotted Communication in Options. I guess I was looking for something either bigger or with a check mark box next to it. Sorry about that. I switched to Windows Internal and it worked. Now it shows track listing as soon as a new CD is loaded in the drive and Rip icon is available and working. Thank you Spoon!!!