title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID Tag: editing titles for converted (mp4) videos corrupts and makes it unplayable

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShnookPlyr
    • Feb 2015

ID Tag: editing titles for converted (mp4) videos corrupts and makes it unplayable

I recently got a NVidia graphics card that support shadowplay (and so I record funny glitches) and use adobe media encoder to compress the size and save space. I use the id tag (I currently use Details tab now) to give it a title so I put the video on my phone so it won't give the "[filename].mp4" in the list.
    the problem is that when the compressed file's title is edit by ID Tag, the file instantly becomes corrupted and unplayable. I thought it was the cuda
    from NVidia (since some converter stop support of cuda after the gtx 500 and/or the newer driver) but when converted with software, it still gets corrupted when a title is added.
    the way to remedy this is to give it a title through the "Details" tab (Microsoft default), which once pressed OK, there is a brief wait because there is a
    small window (usually meant for moving or copying files). after the window disappears, the file is ok and playable, with the title. the odd part is when I do edit the detail-edited title of the video with ID tag, now it's fine.
    in other words: ID tag can't be used to initially added title, but can edit it once it is done from "details", or else the video is instantly corrupt.

is this a bug (since DBPoweramp went 64bit) or is there something I have that is doing the problem. I use windows 8.1 64bit, NVidia GeForce 970 gtx, Intel i7 4820k, with 8gb ram
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ID Tag: editing titles for converted (mp4) videos corrupts and makes it unplayab

Can you email a smallish before and after corruption files:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ShnookPlyr
      • Feb 2015

Re: ID Tag: editing titles for converted (mp4) videos corrupts and makes it unplayab

alright I sent 3x 2 mb files: before id tag, after id tag, and "detail tab then id tag".

Comment

• peterjwhite
        • Mar 2015

Hi Mr Spoon, I have exactly the same problem on similar setup - Win8.1 64bit and dbpoweramp 14.4 - one difference is that while the mp4 becomes unplayable on MPC-HC after using ID-Tag, the file will open in iTunes and display video but no audio track. Either way, ID-Tag somehow corrupts the mp4 so it becomes useless. Please advise when you have a fix...

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It will be in next r15 beta.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>