title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTUNES Album Art - Album Matching Grouped by Folder Option?

PerfectTUNES Album Art - Album Matching Grouped by Folder Option?

How are the albums grouped in PerfectTUNES Album Art?

In PerfectTUNES AccurateRip, there is the option "Album Matching Grouped by Folder". This seems helpful for multi-disc sets where each disc is stored in a separate folder.

PerfectTUNES Album Art does not seem to have this option. It creates a problem for some discs.

I have three discs (by the artist Nine Inch Nails) in separate folders:

The Downward Spiral
    The Downward Spiral (Deluxe Edition) [Disc 1]
    The Downward Spiral (Deluxe Edition) [Disc 2]

These albums do indeed have two different album covers. It is surely nice to be able to change the cover for all discs in a multi-disc set at the same time, but if the album is a different version (with a different cover), then it becomes unclear that there are actually two different albums (since they are all grouped as one).

The FLAC files are tagged with these values as the album.
    The folders are named the same way, with the year added in front of the album name.

I chose this naming strategy, so that in PerfectTUNES AccurateRip, each disc would be listed separately (previously I was ripping all songs from a multi-disc set into the same directory).

But now in PerfectTUNES Album Art, instead of showing the three separate albums, it shows only one album (with 41 tracks). Maybe it would be a good idea for the program to try to look for discnumber and disctotal tags.

So my question is, if the folder names are different, and the album tags are also different, why or how does PerfectTunes Album Art end up grouping these together?

And in the future can there be a way to match or group these separately?

Administrator

Re: PerfectTUNES Album Art - Album Matching Grouped by Folder Option?

The album art program is mainly designed as an automated program to fetch art. For special cases like this, you would use the ID Tagger part of PerfectTUNES (it is in beta testing).

Thank you for the fast reply. The PerfectTUNES ID Tagger does sound interesting.

Could you still explain why the albums are considered the same, even though the album name meta tags and folder names are different?

Does it just ignore anything between () and [] when it continues listening to the library, like (Deluxe Edition), [Disc 1] and [Disc 2]?

I still don't understand that part. Thanks.

Administrator

Yes () [] are ignored as primarily the album art program is an automatic fixer and having [Disc 1] would give no matches.