title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

change to id tags not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lennie
    • Feb 2015

change to id tags not working

I hold all my music (in FLAC) on a NAS drive using a Twonky server. I'm trying to change the id tag 'genre' as I use this to find the music. When I make a change to this field using dbpoweramp it shows the change has been made. However the Twonky server shows the tag content as 'unknown'.
    I've rebuilt the Twonky database but this doesn't get rid of the problem. Looking at the id tag using itunes also shows the tag content as 'unknown'.
    Any suggestions to what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.
    By the way ripping of a CD works fine it's only on bought in digital music (from iTunes) that I get this issue.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: change to id tags not working

iTunes cannot read flac files. Try foobar2000 as a player which can be used to verify the Genre in the FLAC files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lennie
      • Feb 2015

Yes, sorry ,my mistake.
      This occurs in itunes music (.m4a files).
      Music I've ripped to flac from cd using poweramp is fine.

(Installed foobar200 and checked. It shows that 'genre' id tag is the correct one i changed it to - it reads "Folk" - but Twonky server shows it as "unknown")
      Last edited by lennie; 02-25-2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

iTunes also shows as unknown genre? What genre do you change to?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lennie
          • Feb 2015

Yes, just checked again, itunes shows "unknown genre".
          I'm changing the genre to "folk" (originally I think it was "pop").

I keep a copy of the album in my itunes music folder on my C drive as well and changing it there works fine; just doesn't work when I change the copy on my NAS drive.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

On your NAS you use Twonky? what connects to Twonky? iTunes would not, how does iTunes read the files off the NAS?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lennie
              • Feb 2015

I'm playing my music off the NAS drive using a Cyrus audio steamer. This, according to Cyrus, uses the index provided by Twonky; and shows the album as unknown under genre. Logging into to the twonky interface itself from my PC also shows the album listed under unknown.
              I can in itunes show all music held on the NAS drive (MyBookLive) through the selection under the music icon near top left hand corner of itunes
              (at least it says it's accessing mybooklive when I do this - hard to tell really given itunes user interface - but if i remove the album off the nas drive then itunes can't then find it).

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

The issue here is the 2 programs which are running on the NAS, Twonky is not able to read the Genre, and the iTunes server is not able to. Please contact Western digital support, because I am quite certain there is nothing wrong with our tagged m4a files (iTunes reads direct).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lennie
                  • Feb 2015

thanks I will follow it up with them

Comment

Working...

]]>