title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mass Converter: Folder Tree Selection Options?

Question Mass Converter: Folder Tree Selection Options?

How do I select a contiguous, or non-contiguous, portion of the open folder tree to convert?

Thank you.

Administrator

Re: Mass Converter: Folder Tree Selection Options?

Use Batch Converter, click the icon folder icon once to convert all folders + sub folders, click again to only convert files in that folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Use Batch Converter, click the icon folder icon once to convert all folders + sub folders, click again to only convert files in that folder.
    I am sorry if I have expressed myself poorly, again, at the outset, as I fail to understand how the above applies?

I am indeed using Batch Converter, in which I am looking at the FLAC folder open with its full tree of sub-folders. I wish to make a random, continuous or discontinuous selection of any number of these sub-folders in the tree to convert. I have tried the usual Windows shortcuts CTRL+ random-select and SHIFT+ continuous-select, without effect.

Thank you for helping.
    Last edited by dbcamp; 02-23-2015 at 07:17 AM. Reason: text error corrected

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dbcamp View Post
    How do I select a contiguous, or non-contiguous, portion of the open folder tree to convert?

Thank you.
    Just select the ones you want, i.e., checkmark each one. Or if you're selecting more than you're not, select all (the top folder) and de-select the ones you don't want.

Just select the ones you want, i.e., checkmark each one. Or if you're selecting more than you're not, select all (the top folder) and de-select the ones you don't want.
    Thank you, BrodyBoy, that's what I've been doing. It seems to me now as if it is not possible to do it any other way.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dbcamp View Post
    Thank you, BrodyBoy, that's what I've been doing. It seems to me now as if it is not possible to do it any other way.
    Yeah, it would be handy sometimes to be able to use "Windows-style" SHIFT+select, but the library view in Batch Converter doesn't allow that. (May be because folder selection has three different modes rather than just select or not-select.) The closest you could get would be to go to List view, and select groups of files there using the methods you described.