title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Connectivity Problems from MAC book

Unhappy Connectivity Problems from MAC book

Hello again,

Further to my post about using Asset from my MAC this week, I have encountered a further problem.

Everything runs perfectly with the following configuration:

Router connected to PC (turned off), Asset on MAC book together with iTunes tracks

In this set up everything works perfectly and I have total control of my streamer from my iPad

However I would like to move to the following configuration:

Router connected to MAC book (via Ethernet Thunderbolt connection), wireless connection established OK at startup of laptop.

This configuration has problems operating my streamer. It can just about see the device but does not see any tracks.

I realise that this may be a configuration problem rather than anything to do with Asset, but I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Administrator

Re: Connectivity Problems from MAC book

You might have to restart Asset after connecting the Thunderbolt ethernet, or try to disable wireless, and restart the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You might have to restart Asset after connecting the Thunderbolt ethernet, or try to disable wireless, and restart the computer.
    Thanks spoon I will try this.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathwood View Post
    Thanks spoon I will try this.
    I am making some progress, Spoon and can now at least see the album artwork from my iPad.

Still not able to actually play anything via the Thunderbolt connection though. I'm going to an Apple tutorial at the local shop on Thursday, and I will field a few network questions.

This is now working, I am able to connect to Asset via my StreamMagic. I can see all my albums, via the remote.

I can't see anything on my IPad, but this application is known to be flaky anyway.

Thanks for your help.

All now working and operating from IPad. I had to reboot the IPad to get things running properly.

Any issues I have are down to the flakey nature of the Cambridge Audio IPad App.

Must think about getting a proper streaming device.