title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: An issue with the Batch Converter, ID Tag Editor DSP Plug In

dBpoweramp Guru

Question An issue with the Batch Converter, ID Tag Editor DSP Plug In

I use the DSP ID Tag Editor plug in with the batch converter to fix an issue with tagging wave files created by Sony's Sound Forge. The files created by Sound Forge have a limited list of tags, and you can't add many others by right clicking and using the "add tag" feature added to Windows Explorer. Running the batch converter on the files corrects the condition, and I can now add and edit the tags, such as Album Artist.

However, I'd like to have the DSP ID Tag editor actually add the tags to the files, and in the case of the copyright tag, actually fill in the value. I'll be damned if I can get it to do that. Trial one, added tags in the plug in window. They didn't seem to be saved. They didn't get added. Trial 2, created a named profile invoking the ID tag editor, same results. Trial 3, tried invoking the DSP editor DSP effect inside the DSP Editor plug-in. It seemed to show that it had the values after I added them, but did not add the tags to the files. The functionality seems to be in the design, I just can't seem to get it to work. What am I doing wrong? BTW, I can easily add the tags using the right click edit tags feature dBpoweramp adds to Windows Explorer after the "Editor" DSP software has run.

Windows 7, 64 bit, dBPoweramp 15.1, reference DSP Plug Ins version 11.

Finally, a minor wish list item for the batch converter file selection process: When you highlight a bunch of files by control or shift key use, I found you can select one of them in the check box, and all are selected, since this feature is not obvious without trial and possible error, it would be nice if when you right clicked on the file list, if you added a choice "select highlighted files: to the "select all files" and "deselect all files" choices.

John Schmidt

Administrator

Re: An issue with the Batch Converter, ID Tag Editor DSP Plug In

Which audio format?

dBpoweramp Guru

Wave (.wav) 24 bit 44.1 sample rate, files originally created by sound forge.

Administrator

The issue is that soundforge only writes wave list tags, and they are very limited in what they can hold. When you add a new field in our tag editor, it is likely that the id3 chunk is written as well, which can store the album artist. If you install the 'ID Tag Update' from Codec Central (above) and convert a file to this, it will be updated to both wave list tags and id3 chunk.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hello Spoon,

Yes, that is what I was doing, running the ID Tag Update codec which I had downloaded. It allows me to add the id3 tags, after I have run the files through the codec. What I am trying to do to save time and avoid errors is to add some of the id3 tags at the time I run the files through the ID Tag Update Codec, as opposed to doing it manually using the right click ID tag edit in Windows Explorer. The ID tag update codec has a menu for adding tags, I can't seem to get that to work. The codec does add the id3 chunk to the files, as after running it I can add the tags in Windows Explorer, I couldn't add them before running ID tag Update. I just can't seem to get the codec to add the tags to the files as the chunk is added. Am I missing something obvious?

Administrator

You might have to run it twice.