title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UpnP RPi V4.4 advise

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maccaa
    • Jun 2013

Asset UpnP RPi V4.4 advise

Hi, have been using Asset on my Pi for some time now with no hitches, on Saturday I updated to 4.4 and decided to run a "rescan all" just to make sure all was ok, now it seems to stop counting tracks at 1000, or as we speak it is "counting audio tracks" this has been running since 16:00 yesterday. is there a way to "start again" should I shut all down and start again? Have t say that I didn't experience this with the previous version, though it's probably something I need to reset.

Thanks

Maccaa
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UpnP RPi V4.4 advise

Yes shutdown and restart. Counting audio tracks happens before scanning, check the library path location is correct.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Maccaa
      • Jun 2013

Ok, so I shut down the Pi and the NAS, restarted the NAS once that was up and happy, powered up the Pi, let that go through the motions and clicked on rescan all.........went off to do something else, walked passed the NAS sometime later and noticed that there was no activity on the disk, logged back into Asset an it was scanning 9500 of 12 thousand and something, so left it alone for a bit, logged back in then it briefly showed 9 thousand an something tracks 0 albums, then changed to "counting audio tracks" which is where it is now. Any more thoughts? re install asset? do I have to remove the old install?

Maccaa

Comment

• Maccaa
        • Jun 2013

So I went back and updated the Pi's software, then re downloaded and installed Asset (didn't remove anything) Asset started re indexing got to "9500 of 12839", then onto "9642 tracks 0 Albums" then "counting audio tracks" I even video'd it. any thoughts?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Can you browse the tracks in a control point?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Maccaa
            • Jun 2013

Ok, so sorry for being a little quiet, I now have my wife looking into this as she is far more techy than I, it appears that my current spec is having issues.

I am currently running rypi software 3.18.7+ *755, now when I run 4.4 Asset it, as mentioned above, it scans to 9500 then there is along pause then it jumps to 9642 with 0 albums then finally goes back to counting audio tracks. This appears to correlate exactly to a memory issue reported in the logs:

Feb 18 11:53:26 raspberrypi kernel: [91078.449081] Killed process 7987 (AssetUPnP) total-vm:14952kB, anon-rss:8640kB, file-rss:4kB
            Feb 18 12:17:01 raspberrypi /USR/SBIN/CRON[8133]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
            Feb 18 12:28:54 raspberrypi kernel: [93206.334461] AssetUPnP invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x201da, order=0, oom_score_adj=0
            Feb 18 12:28:54 raspberrypi kernel: [93206.334507] CPU: 0 PID: 8022 Comm: AssetUPnP Not tainted 3.18.7+ *755

We have downgraded to a beta copy of 4.2 and despite refusing to find one album works perfectly. Spoon would it be possible to get registered copy of 4.3 until I,you, we can sort out this alleged memory issue?

Comment

• Maccaa
              • Jun 2013

BTW 16mb is attributed to GPU

Comment

• PeterP
                Super Moderator
                • Jul 2011

Thanks for the bug report.

Do you perhaps have large album cover pictures in your collection? If yes, it would explain why the library indexing process is dying from extreme memory usage; the next beta update will address this scenario.

Comment

• Maccaa
                  • Jun 2013

Hi PeterP, that would make sense as yes I do have quite large album covers, up to about 1000x1000 if I can get them for quality on my iPad. Is there any way I can get a 4.3 download (which was stable for me), and would a Pi 2 have helped in this instance with the additional ram as I have ordered one to test I could pm my red number if required.

Thanks

Maccaa

Comment

• Maccaa
                    • Jun 2013

Have just tried the Beta 4.5 and I'm afraid its still showing the same issues as 4.4

Comment

• PeterP
                      Super Moderator
                      • Jul 2011

The fix now available with the new (2015-02-26) beta update.

Comment

• Maccaa
                        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by PeterP
                        The fix now available with the new (2015-02-26) beta update.
                        Hi PeterP,

Can you let me know where I can download this from?

Thanks

Maccaa.

Comment

• PeterP
                          Super Moderator
                          • Jul 2011

Here-

Comment

Working...

]]>