title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Music Converter - automation question on folder naming.

Music Converter - automation question on folder naming.

This is how i do things, can someone advise me a better way and/or how to simplify my steps to do it my way with folder naming?

I right click on a folder of FLAC files and click batch convert. I have it set to go to the original folder (this is cleaner because of possible different artists on same album etc)
    - then i convert to mp3 lame - VBR -v0 on Slow(high quality). Which i am told is the best efficient encoding on mp3.
    After conversion go into folder and sort by file type and take all the mp3s and put them in a separate folder named the same as the original plus a -v0 at the end.

What i would like to happen automatically if possible, is for it to create an identical folder name with a -v0 at the end and throw them in there.
    and for extra credit, but not as important preferably with a copy of the extra non flac files that were in the original folder.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks in Advance

Administrator

Re: Music Converter - automation question on folder naming.

You can enable the dynamic naming option, set to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

this preserves the filename and path, and you can change the output to folder to a different drive or location and the mp3 files will be separated.

Re: Music Converter - automation question on folder naming.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can enable the dynamic naming option, set to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

this preserves the filename and path, and you can change the output to folder to a different drive or location and the mp3 files will be separated.
    Thanks for the quick reply Spoon - I have so much to learn about how to use this program's capabilities.