title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help - Ripping Flacs / DRM issues / Produb Licence

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julesebbs007
    • Feb 2015

Help - Ripping Flacs / DRM issues / Produb Licence

Hi all, would appreciate all the help possible for problem below!!

I originally ripped all my cd's (around 800) as mp3's for use in WMP. I have now decided that I want to up the quality to FLAC and play them through an external DAC through my audio system to achieve a far higher sound experience. The problem I have is that some of the discs have that very annoying protection system where I can't play them on the laptop or rip them (well I can but it takes an age and then they playback all stuttery and miss pieces - totally unusable/unrecognisable). I have ripped them in the past as mp3's but for the life of me I can't remember what software I used??
    Please can anyone help me out with this most annoying problem??

The two troublesome discs I've come across so far are - The Eagles-The Complete Greatest Hits & Led Zeppelin-Mothership, but I'm sure I will find several more.

Surely this sort of drm / protection should be outlawed as it is neither illegal to play the cd's on a pc or copy them for personal use. I did for a time DJ and I am well aware that if I wanted to use copied versions (digital djing) for public entertainment that a Produb Licence is required from PRS/MCPS. Bit this is not the case for private use so why this ridiculous copy protection, very very frustrating!!!

Rant over, but please help!!!!
  • julesebbs007
    • Feb 2015

Re: Help - Ripping Flacs / DRM issues / Produb Licence

Found a solution.......use my ancient XP laptop, all is well in the world again!!!!

Comment

• daleyb
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2014

Re: Help - Ripping Flacs / DRM issues / Produb Licence

Originally posted by julesebbs007
      Found a solution.......use my ancient XP laptop, all is well in the world again!!!!
      maybe xp burner will do it too?

Comment

Working...

]]>