title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Art Default Folder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimmy Jump
    • Feb 2015

Album Art Default Folder

Seen that since version 14.2 the default folder for adding album art is the folder the music was ripped to. Before that, dBpoweramp went to the last folder you imported a picture from.
    The latter is way more easy since then you can use the same folder to add a pic and import from that folder.
    Now, you have to add a picture to the folder you ripped the music to first, which in my case is less handy.
    Don't know how many people have the same idea, but could it be made so that the users can set a default folder themselves for importing/adding cover art?

Thanks for reading

JJ
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Album Art Default Folder

Perhaps create a favorite shortcut which will be listed on the left side of the open page for 1 click setting.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jimmy Jump
      • Feb 2015

Re: Album Art Default Folder

Originally posted by Spoon
      Perhaps create a favorite shortcut which will be listed on the left side of the open page for 1 click setting.
      Well, I have a main folder with all my CD/DVD/BR scans and selfmade art (for audio bootlegs), so, it was kinda easy when dBpoweramp kept on going to that same folder everytime. Now I have to perform extra movements to add a pic to the folder the CD/DVD/BR was ripped to. I stopped adding a pic named "folder" to each folder after switching to Win7 back in 2009 since the folder outlook in "Large Icons" wasn't to my liking. That and the fact I started to get a serious amount of folders (thousands) which made showing everything as a "list" be the better option keeping cache memory use in mind...

An added inconvenience from the way dBpoweramp acts since version 14.2 is that when adding a pic to the target folder and clicking that pic when wanting to add that pic to the songs, the songs get de-selected so that you can't see if the pics were actually added. You need to re-select all the songs to see if all went well and the pic was added to all the songs...

I do things in a certain sequence and this sequence gets screwed up as things are. Sure, a lot of it is man's (or at least my own) inborn aversity to change, but in this case I don't understand why the folk at dBpoweramp felt the need to alter things.

Software (and other) developers should stop changing things just for the change. I don't see how this "new" behaviour is better; or I must have missed something.

Ah-well... can't have everything, I suppose.

Comment

Working...

]]>