title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Looking for DSD testers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simes_pep
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Re: Looking for DSD testers

Well I have suggested to Spoon, that given Merging Technologies's focus on the Pro-Audio market, and this Convertor Utility is not a core element of their Studio Master Desk Suite, that there is a licensing opportunity for the DSD conversion engine, so it be offered as part of dBPoweramp, with a consistent interface (i.e. multi-file conversion) and supported platforms.

Simon.

Comment

• nautibuoy
      • Dec 2011

Hi Spoon, a short update on my experience and plans for Asset V5/DSD.

I'm running my main system using Asset V4.4 on a QNAP NAS but have installed V5 on my laptop, pointing to the music files on the NAS.

V5 correctly identifies the DSD files (DSF 64)

Next I installed JRiver (which has DSD capability) on another computer and set it up as a UPnP renderer. Using BubbleUPnP as my control point I was able to 'send' a file from Asset V5 to JRiver, which reported that it was receiving DSD data and music was output successfully (obviously JRiver transcoded the DSD to PCM for playback on the computer). That looks positive.

I have a DSD capable network music player/DAC based around a BeagleBone and an audio dedicated debian/mpd distro but currently PCM and DSD outputs are on different header pins and I would need to manually remap the connector to playback either PCM or DSD, however, in the next few weeks I'll have an automatic switching arrangement in place and will be able to test DSD playback further - I'll report further then.

Comment

• nautibuoy
        • Dec 2011

I should have said that the renderer/DAC setup I use has been tested with DSD64 and DSD128 material (also tested for PCM up to 384KHz, though I don't have any material at that rate).

Comment

Working...

]]>