title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

XBox Music App and Music Converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VentingBow5
    • Jan 2014

XBox Music App and Music Converter

Spoon,

The Xbox Music app never showed my Album Art and I have been trying to find a solution for it for a long time. Recently I came across a posting on the Microsoft Forums where someone had exactly the same issue as me and he figured out it was related to the Windows Explorer Integration of Music Converter. I followed his recommendations and now with Explorer Integration Disabled my Album Art is showing.

Link to the post: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-57faaf256f23

I use the Explorer integration a lot and would like to enable it but this issue is stopping me. Have more people experienced this? Is this something you would fix?

Cheers,
    Sander
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: XBox Music App and Music Converter

Noted
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• e.Blue
      • May 2015

After spending many, many, MANY hours troubleshooting and trying to get the xBox music album art to display for 4000+ albums, I also came across that same thread mentioned above which pointed to dBpoweramp as being the cause. I swear it took me at least two years to finally see all of my album art for the first time in Windows 8. I recently bought a new PC, and purchased and installed the dBPoweramp R15 upgrade and was extremely disappointed to find that the same bug still exists after all of this time. I've now had to uninstall dBpoweramp and have essentially wasted my money buying the R15 upgrade.

I can only imagine how many dBpoweramp customers that this issue is causing needless frustration for, especially considering that Windows 8 has been shipping for over 3-1/2 years. The really sad thing is that most people (including myself) have absolutely no clue that the issue is related to a third-party app. I even spent a couple of hours working with Microsoft support one day trying to get it resolved with no luck.

I truly hope that high-priority is assigned to this issue and that all dBpoweramp customers are notified that this bugfix needs to be applied to all Windows 8 PCs ASAP.

-e.B

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The issue is not specific to Windows 8, it is the XBox app which is on any Windows.

I spent 2 days debugging this, and we cannot find issue with our code. The xbox app is expecting something else, a different method of supplying the art, which is strange because the method we use dates back 10 years to Windows 95...If you ask me it is a bug in the xbox app.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• e.Blue
          • May 2015

Actually the Xbox music app is only available in Windows 8 and later. It is basically the original "Metro" music app that shipped with Windows 8 and was later re-branded with the xBox music name. If you are using tools and methods that do not take Windows 8 Metro development into account that could be part of the problem. It is not uncommon for older Windows routines and methods to become deprecated as Windows is updated. I'd be curious to know if your code would still compile in the recent versions of Visual Studio. In any event, Microsoft provides support to developers to assist with resolving these types of problems.

This might be a good place to start: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

-e.B

Comment

Working...

]]>