title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asset UPnP on RPi 2

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP on RPi 2

Ok, will have to put some .dsf files on a USB stick to test the new feature on the Naim player.

Is any update on the plans to port the Asset R5 product to the RPi (ideally using the compilers for the ARM& ISA for the RPi 2)?

All so exciting!

Thanks,
    Simon.

Administrator

There are plans to port it yes, it will be when R5 is feature complete on Windows.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Great - looking forward to testing it.

Trying to get you some more Beta testers for Asset R5 on Windows, from the Naim forum for DSD playback, as at present only Minimserver or Twonky v7.1 are being presented to this forum as UPnP servers supporting dsf and dff DSD64 formats.

Simon.

Hi
    I am am experimenting with using Asset 4.6 under Raspbian Jessie Lite on a Pi 2. I have mounted a drive to my NAS
    fstab entry
    //192.168.1.5/music /mnt/nas cifs guest,_netdev,sec=ntlm 0 0
    This works fine when I first start it but after a time of inactivity the media server seems to drop off the network on both devices I use (Roberts 83i & BubbleUpnp running on Android controlling another Pi running Volumio)
    The Asset web page still looks as if it is running and the Pi 2 can still be accessed through Putty.
    The only solution I have found is to either restart Asset from the webpage or reboot the Pi 2 both of which work
    Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
    BTW this also happened with standard Jessie and Wheezy.
    Last edited by Lunicycle; 11-29-2015 at 05:45 AM.

I thought it might be issue with the HDD in my switching off but that wasn't the case.

Is it possible to get a previous release to see if that makes any difference?

Thanks

Administrator

You are best trying the latest test version in the beta section of this forum.

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...dows-platforms

More than happy to do that but there doesn't appear to be a R4.6.1 for Raspberry Pi. I am currently trying out different Pi and different versions of OS Currently running B, B+ and Pi 2 with Jessie Lite to see if hardware makes a difference.

Administrator

Sorry for the wrong link, there is no beta for the Pi you are correct. I am sorry we do not keep the old versions on our server.

I seem to have made a breakthrough. Prompted by the fact that some new music had not been picked up despite the Pis being rebooted I unchecked "Detect & Catalog New Tracks" and applied it and the re-checked it and applied. This was over 24 hours ago now and all 3 instances of Asset seem to be up, running and responding instantly, albeit the Pi2's instant is somewhat quicker!

Hi

Using Asset 4.6.3 with Raspian Jessie Lite generally works OK but search from different devices seems to just end up with list of all album/artist/titles and similar thing if you try to go to the album that a track is on it just goes to the A-Z list of albums. Should I try an earlier version of Raspian, which version was it tested against?

Thanks

Richard