title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: SonataDB setup in Batch Ripper and Ripping Directly to NAS

SonataDB setup in Batch Ripper and Ripping Directly to NAS

1. I have read that SonataDB is excellent for classical and jazz and it is mentioned on your web site. How do I set it up as one of the DB lookups in Batch Ripper? I ran one classical CD as a test and Sonata meta data wasn't included in the results.

2. I want to rip a large collection (5000 CDs) to a Synology DS214play from a Nimbie USB Plus. Can I connect Nimbie to NAS with USB (3.0 is available on both) and control the operation with Batch Ripper on my laptop? NAS and laptop are wired into same high speed switch.

Thanking you in advance. This is my first computer music system, my previous server being an Olive 04HD, which sounds great but has terrible reliability and poorly designed and very quirky control software.

Administrator

Re: SonataDB setup in Batch Ripper and Ripping Directly to NAS

It is not possible to enable SonataDB for Batch Ripper.

2. No, for Ripping CD drives have to be connected to the computer running the software directly.

[QUOTE=Spoon;153109]It is not possible to enable SonataDB for Batch Ripper.

Thank you Spoon.

Are there any other databases, free or pay for use, that can be added to the ones already included in Batch Ripper that might do a better job on classical or jazz?

Administrator

Sorry there are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Sorry there are not.
    In that case, where can I find the best recommendation for Set File Naming that would be appropriate for a collection that is mostly classical music? I don't understand all the possibilities, especially in the Advanced part of that list. I've added Composer, Conductor and a few other things, but I'm not sure I've made all the right choices. As a newbie, I feel like I could use a class on proper setup of dBpoweramp for best possible sound and best possible metadata and I would even be willing to pay for some one-on-one time with you or someone else at the company. Or is there a very comprehensive article to be found at your web site or some place else online that I could learn a lot from?

In the HDCD window (I do have 24 bit renderer and DAC), there is a box to check for +6 dB amplification and it seems like it might be used to keep the music above the noise floor, but I'm not sure of that and whether to select it. What do you advise?

dBpoweramp Guru

Post your current naming string please.

I would leave +6dB unchecked.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    Post your current naming string please.

I was in fact thinking about the fact that the subject matter had changed. Can I edit the name or do I just post a new thread name?

I would leave +6dB unchecked.
    Thank you *********.

Thank you garym. I replied to this in a new thread titled CD Ripper Settings.