I like DBPowerAmp CD Ripper for the flexible formats I can RIP to but because I mostly use it to RIP music for digital DJing where the metadata pulled in from the online services is almost always missing huge amounts of information I need to search on, is full of typos or has information that is just plain wrong. I have to spend a LOT of time manually entering data for my digitally ripped collection - and I'm finding it the most annoying and unusable PC programme I've ever had for entering data!

Every time you hit Enter to move to the next track you start typing and then a second or two afterwards the cursor jumps back to the start of the input field so your typing gets all messed up and you end up having to move the mouse back to the start of the field, delete the entry and slowly type it all in again. The ONLY way to ensure the data you type appears in the order you type it in is to wait a second or two after you've hit the ENTER key - which is just ridiculous!

Need to enter a missing year for your collection? You enter the first one eg 1982, you hit enter and start typing the next one, maybe 1972 and instead because the cursor jumps while you're typing after you hit Enter you realise the year you've entered is 7219 and then have to manually go back to the field, swipe the contents with the mouse, delete it and slowly re-enter it again.

It is TERRIBLE UX and such a huge time-waste.

I remember back in the early days of writing Visual Basic 6 programs this "Move the cursor back to the start of the field" was a nasty hack to get the cursor to focus in the correct field - you had to introduce a time delay. But it was a terrible hack, and one all modern programmes have long since overcome. But not DbPowerAmp :-(

The problem is wasting me so much time I'm now looking at using another programme to RIP my CDs and will probably move to a Mac.

Doesn't anyone else find this makes the programme almost unusable? Are there ANY plans to fix it?