title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DB batch converter and album art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NCM 333
    • Jan 2015

DB batch converter and album art

OK so I am a newbe and this might (probably is) a dumb question but how do I get MY album art on batch converted files. Here is what I have done, so please pick me up if I have missed something.
    1. Ripped all of my CD collection 10K + songs - around 1000 albums in to FLAC files for storage and backup on a portable hard drive using db CD ripper.
    2. Batch converted them back on to the computer in MP3 for streaming using db batch converter

My problem is that when you batch convert the Album art is not picked up - which is a pain since I spent time ensuring all the album art was correct when I ripped the original CD's scanning incorrect and missing art.

To correct I have tried to used Perfect tunes - but not all the album art is correct and I can not find an option to correct the wrong ones or add the one s that are missing.

As an alternative I tried copying the original flacs on to the pc then converting the file - back to the source location and using the duplication fix to remove the now redundant flac files. This would be ok but it appears that you have to individually click each duplication - So 10,000 clicks.....

Help please
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DB batch converter and album art

Where is the art stored for all your FLAC files? in folder.jpg? by default dBpoweramp would write folder.jpg and embed art into the FLAC file.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• NCM 333
      • Jan 2015

Hi Spoon,
      Yes Folder.jpg

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can use the DSP Effect 'id tag processing' and set it to import folder.jpg and the art will be embedded in the mp3 files.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Fore
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
          You can use the DSP Effect 'id tag processing' and set it to import folder.jpg and the art will be embedded in the mp3 files.
          Spoon, I didn't worry about having art for my flac files when I ripped my music a couple yrs ago. I was playing aiff files thru iTunes which got the artwork. But I've found wave files sound much better, so bought db poweramp for conversions. But I have no artwork, so I tried r. clicking to 'edit tags' and added artwork, got art from net, 'add album art', then apply and ok. I then convert to wav's, but no artwork.

Any ideas? Oh yeah, I also setup 'ID Tag Processing' to import from folder.jpg to export to folder.jpg.

Thanks,
          fore

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Other programs will not read Album Art from wave files.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Fore
              • Jun 2010

So no one has album art for wave libraries? No other solution?

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Fore
                So no one has album art for wave libraries? No other solution?
                WAV files have a lot of tagging limitations. I'd encourage your to try some double-blind testing, if there's any way you can set that up (you'd need someone else to do the switching). No offense, but I suspect your notion that WAV files "sound much better" may be largely due to a placebo effect. Using lossless codecs that support better tagging makes your music library much easier to use.

Comment

• Fore
                  • Jun 2010

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
                  WAV files have a lot of tagging limitations. I'd encourage your to try some double-blind testing, if there's any way you can set that up (you'd need someone else to do the switching). No offense, but I suspect your notion that WAV files "sound much better" may be largely due to a placebo effect. Using lossless codecs that support better tagging makes your music library much easier to use.
                  Try yourself. With dB, rip a wav, flac, and then a 32 bit float wav and judge yourself. I decided it's time to rip everything over now after giving this further thought.

Thanks for your help,
                  fore

Comment

• mville
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fore
                    Try yourself. With dB, rip a wav, flac, and then a 32 bit float wav and judge yourself. I decided it's time to rip everything over now after giving this further thought.
                    A decoded flac file will have identical digital audio data to the corresponding wav file. Please do not suggest otherwise, as this just confuses users.

Comment

Working...

]]>