title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Native DSD Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nautibuoy
    • Dec 2011

Native DSD Support

I'm a long time AssetUPnP user and have been really satisfied with the package.

My music library is totally FLAC but I now have a new DAC that supports DSD and I plan to buy some DSD recordings to find out just how good it is so it's disappointing to find out that Asset doesn't offer any support for the format.

I know this has come up before and there is a request for DSD on the wish list section; just wondering what the current plans are?

Thanks

Ray
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Native DSD Support

You would need a compatible upnp renderer also (player).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nautibuoy
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      You would need a compatible upnp renderer also (player).
      My new DAC has a built in network renderer; it's a Beaglebone Black running this distribution:

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

For control I overlay the renderer distro with this:

I believe that means I have a DSD capable renderer.

I am also considering this renderer, which is also DSD capable:

Plans for AssetUPnP to support DSD?

Thanks

Ray

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

See:

Here you encode the DSD file into a DOP wave or flac, and it is passed untouched to the dac which can decode.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nautibuoy
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
          See:

Here you encode the DSD file into a DOP wave or flac, and it is passed untouched to the dac which can decode.
          Thanks Spoon, that helps a lot.

So, I need the DSD Codec added to my dbpoweramp install and then use it to rip the downloaded DSD to wav or flac, which produces a DoP format file that AssetUPnP can handle and which gets decoded by my network renderer?

I have a fully-registered dbpoweramp install, currently version 14.3, do I need to update it?

Ray

Comment

• nautibuoy
            • Dec 2011

Further to my earlier post, I see that I didn't need to upgrade my V14.3 install of dbPoweramp to use the DSD Codec, but I've just upgraded to V15.1 anyway.

Ray

Whoops, I forgot the previous post was awaiting moderator attention because I neglected to remove the link so this should be after my next post.
            Last edited by nautibuoy; 02-01-2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

We currently do not have a codec which can do this, however it is right at the top of our list to develop.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nautibuoy
                • Dec 2011

OK, I'll keep watch, thanks Spoon.

Any working timetable for the development (not that I would try and hold you to it, just curious).

Ray

Comment

Working...

]]>