title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: DSP Folder.jpg Preserve with Multi-Encoder

Question DSP Folder.jpg Preserve with Multi-Encoder

I can get DSP Folder.jpg Preserve to work when I use a single encode, but I've tried different configurations to make it work with the multi-encoder and none will work. I basically want to carry over the folder/cover.jpg from the source folder and copy it to ALL encode output folders. (not exporting the embedded cover, as many files I transcode don't have that).
    I tried:
    - Adding the DSP to the main Multi-encode window
    - Adding it to every single encode settings

None work, yet when I do it one by one it works flawlessly. What am I missing?

Possibly relevant info:
    dBpoweramp 64-bit: Release 15.1 (Registered Reference)
    DSP Effects: Release 11

Administrator

Re: DSP Folder.jpg Preserve with Multi-Encoder

It is not possible, because the encoder does not have access to the source file (as it has multi-encoder in the way).

Instead, try ID Tag Processing set to Import Folder.jpg, then ID Tag Processing on the multi-encoder set to export folder.jpg (and possibly remove that tag if you not want art embedded).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is not possible, because the encoder does not have access to the source file (as it has multi-encoder in the way).
    I see, that makes sense.

Instead, try ID Tag Processing set to Import Folder.jpg, then ID Tag Processing on the multi-encoder set to export folder.jpg (and possibly remove that tag if you not want art embedded).
    Would that modify the source files?

Administrator

It would not.

This method would somewhat work, but there's a problem:
    In 90% of the cases I have a small (less than 500kb) embedded cover (which I wish to keep in the transcodes) and a cover.jpg (or another name) which is anywhere from 1 to 5MB.
    This method would leave me with no embedded cover art (or a huge one, not desirable), and the big cover art as cover.jpg.
    Is there a method to do what I want to do? (that doesn't require me to do each of the three encodes separately)

Administrator

Install the utility codec 'Update ID Tag' and convert all your files to this, with the single option set to specify the maximum size of the art.

Unhappy Re: DSP Folder.jpg Preserve with Multi-Encoder

I have tried to do it but I can't succeed.
    Here's my setup:
    On each individual encoder, one DSP, ID Tag Processing. On the tab Manipulations I have Import from: cover.jpg (left the rest untouched).
    On the multi-encoder I have one DSP, ID Tag Processing. On the Manipulations tab I have: Export to: cover.jpg
    I have tried it with files in a folder that also contains a cover.jpg, but it won't work.

Administrator

On Multi encoder, have Import Folder.jpg

On each encoder have Export Folder.jpg

Okay, that gives me the cover.jpg at the end, but it also leave it embedded.
    If I restrict the filesize or height/width of the cover, it will export that version, and not carry over the original cover.jpg, but the compressed one.

Administrator

Use the option to delete the album art tag (this is done after exporting) and will remove the embedded art.

Use the option to delete the album art tag (this is done after exporting) and will remove the embedded art.
    Quote Originally Posted by sekro View Post
    In 90% of the cases I have a small (less than 500kb) embedded cover (which I wish to keep in the transcodes) and a cover.jpg (or another name) which is anywhere from 1 to 5MB.
    This method would leave me with no embedded cover art (or a huge one, not desirable), and the big cover art as cover.jpg.
    Is there a method to do what I want to do? (that doesn't require me to do each of the three encodes separately)
    So I guess there's no way of doing this? Shame.
    Thanks for your help anyway.

Administrator

Yes you can:

Install the utility codec 'Update ID Tag' and convert all your files to this, with the single option set to specify the maximum size of the art.

So you run a 2nd 'conversion' afterwards and it reduces the size of the embedded art.