title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"track 5 has errors"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pierrepfeffer
    • Apr 2013

"track 5 has errors"

Miles Davis - 'round About Midnight. Track 5, disc 1, comes up with error report. However, my new cd ripped with dbpoweramp, a friends new cd ripped with same, and a downloaded (from Pono) track 5 are all coming up with "track 5 has errors". Is is possible database has bad or incomplete information?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: "track 5 has errors"

What is the confidence for the other tracks?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pierrepfeffer
      • Apr 2013

My disc new except for the two rip events with dbpoweramp. Ripped as "secure."
      Friend's disc new except for 1 ripping event with dbpoweramp. Ripped as "secure."
      Download of that track from Pono Music Center.
      Perfecttunes still comes up as "track 5 has errors" regardless of the track 5 version used - my cd, friend's cd, Pono download.

Comment

• pierrepfeffer
        • Apr 2013

Misread your last. All other tracks came up with 82, 83, 84 and 85.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

What is shown for track 5 when it is ripped?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pierrepfeffer
            • Apr 2013

secure

Comment

• pierrepfeffer
              • Apr 2013

Any ideas, Spoon?

I use PerfectTunes to clean up my collection. Working through bad tracks and have 57 albums out of ~550 albums with ripping errors. I've managed to clean up 20 albums either by re-ripping, or purchasing a download version of the bad track. However, in this instance when download showed error, as well as another like new cd showing error - I've become concerned that this is a version problem, not a bits and bites error.

While I'm at it, I understand that on HiRes (above 44.1) you can't confirm with PerfectTunes, and it reports that as "not lossles cd quality." I also understand some albums/tracks are not in data base, and it reports that as "not present in accuraterip."

However, what does it mean when it reports "unverifiable?" Also, why do I get many "incomplete album" reports. All of those albums so reported in my collection have all the tracks.

Your thoughts, suggestions are appreciated.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

With such a high confidence it should not be possible for the database to have an error, as it is based on peoples submissions, you only need 2 matching to appear in the database.

You might get an incomplete album if you have joined albums together. Unverifiable means it cannot match the files to disc ID.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>