title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "track 5 has errors"

"track 5 has errors"

Miles Davis - 'round About Midnight. Track 5, disc 1, comes up with error report. However, my new cd ripped with dbpoweramp, a friends new cd ripped with same, and a downloaded (from Pono) track 5 are all coming up with "track 5 has errors". Is is possible database has bad or incomplete information?

Administrator

Re: "track 5 has errors"

What is the confidence for the other tracks?

My disc new except for the two rip events with dbpoweramp. Ripped as "secure."
    Friend's disc new except for 1 ripping event with dbpoweramp. Ripped as "secure."
    Download of that track from Pono Music Center.
    Perfecttunes still comes up as "track 5 has errors" regardless of the track 5 version used - my cd, friend's cd, Pono download.

Misread your last. All other tracks came up with 82, 83, 84 and 85.

Administrator

What is shown for track 5 when it is ripped?

secure

Any ideas, Spoon?

I use PerfectTunes to clean up my collection. Working through bad tracks and have 57 albums out of ~550 albums with ripping errors. I've managed to clean up 20 albums either by re-ripping, or purchasing a download version of the bad track. However, in this instance when download showed error, as well as another like new cd showing error - I've become concerned that this is a version problem, not a bits and bites error.

While I'm at it, I understand that on HiRes (above 44.1) you can't confirm with PerfectTunes, and it reports that as "not lossles cd quality." I also understand some albums/tracks are not in data base, and it reports that as "not present in accuraterip."

However, what does it mean when it reports "unverifiable?" Also, why do I get many "incomplete album" reports. All of those albums so reported in my collection have all the tracks.

Your thoughts, suggestions are appreciated.

Administrator

With such a high confidence it should not be possible for the database to have an error, as it is based on peoples submissions, you only need 2 matching to appear in the database.

You might get an incomplete album if you have joined albums together. Unverifiable means it cannot match the files to disc ID.