title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error retrieving free memory block [clRipperSecure::Rip]???

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Error retrieving free memory block [clRipperSecure::Rip]???

Hi

using dbpoweramp 15.2 and Batch Ripper with a Minicubis and a 64bit system (Windows Homeserver 2011)- so far without any problems.
    All over sudden, I get the following error
    Error retrieving free memory block [clRipperSecure::Rip]
    for any single track on all CDs in the stack.
    The procedure looks as follows: Minicubis loads the CD, batch ripper seems to be able to read it, since it finds the metadata. Once it starts to rip, it skips from track to track within a few seconds with the above mentioned error. So 1 disc is "done" after about 20 - 30 seconds, marked with an error and ejected.
    The same repeats with each single disc.

When I insert these CDs manually in the drive and start CD-Ripper by itself, everything is ripped without any error.
    I decided to uninstall both dbpoweramp and Batch Ripper and reinstall them again.
    I could rip 10 CDs without a problem and then shut down the computer.
    After restarting the computer and trying to rip the next batch, the error reappeared: not one single CD was ripped

Any clue, what's happening?

Administrator

Re: Error retrieving free memory block [clRipperSecure::Rip]???

R15.2 is in beta, the error means the system is out of memory, if you look resource monitor, on the memory tab, how much is in use and available?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, Spoon - Ressurce monitor says: 2GB Memory used - 6 GB free (I have 8GB installed).
    Also (sorry, but I am no expert): is ripping using BAtchRipper any different from using CDRipper alone? As far as I understood this up to now, the Ripping process itself is done by CDRipper, which stresses the computer - why would it work with CDRipper alone, but not in conjunction with BatchRipper?
    UPDATE: changed to compatability mode 32Bit and back to 64 bit

in 32 bit mode used memory 2GB
    in 64 bit mode (currently running again, al over sudden) 2.36 GB

CDGrab.exe itself start at about 40.000 KB and during track 1 rises to about 170.000KB and stays there for the following tracks.
    Last edited by dvdr; 01-17-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Administrator

You have 64 bit dBpoweramp installed? where do you change 'compatibility mode' to 32 bit or 64 bit? as far as I know you can only set the OS compatibility, such as Windows XP.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have 64 bit dBpoweramp installed? where do you change 'compatibility mode' to 32 bit or 64 bit? as far as I know you can only set the OS compatibility, such as Windows XP.
    Sorry - that is what I ment. I thought, that goes along with changing to 32bit. My fault!
    Yes, I have 64bit installed - I strongly assume, since dbpoweramp and batch ripper are installed in "program files" and not "program files (x86)"....

Administrator

Send an email please:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

I will create a version which we can test.