title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Incorrectly identifying CDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martycol
    • Dec 2011

Incorrectly identifying CDs

Hi,

I have a couple of CDs that come up as entirely the wrong CD and tracks - only the number of tracks is correct. Another has the correct CD but wrong tracks. Is there a way of telling it what the correct CD is, or do I need to overwrite all the info manually?
    Thanks a lot!
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Incorrectly identifying CDs

Originally posted by martycol
    Hi,

I have a couple of CDs that come up as entirely the wrong CD and tracks - only the number of tracks is correct. Another has the correct CD but wrong tracks. Is there a way of telling it what the correct CD is, or do I need to overwrite all the info manually?
    Thanks a lot!
    this happens to me now and again (maybe one out of 40 CDs). First look at all the metadata choices in PerfectMeta (maybe one of the sources is correct?). If that doesn't help, just manually edit the tag info in the ripper screen before ripping.

Comment

• martycol
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by garym
      this happens to me now and again (maybe one out of 40 CDs). First look at all the metadata choices in PerfectMeta (maybe one of the sources is correct?). If that doesn't help, just manually edit the tag info in the ripper screen before ripping.
      Hi Thanks - but I don't understand what I am supposed to do - look at metadata choices - then one of the sources is correct? - then what do I do if it is correct or not correct, and how do I know if correct or not - sorry to be thick!

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by martycol
        Hi Thanks - but I don't understand what I am supposed to do - look at metadata choices - then one of the sources is correct? - then what do I do if it is correct or not correct, and how do I know if correct or not - sorry to be thick!
        you know it is correct because the metadata matches your CD? I'm thinking you don't know what I mean by looking at the metadata choices. Are you clear abou this and how to do it. For example, once you insert the CD for ripping and it fills in the tag data on the ripping screen, you can click on the "meta" button at the top menu area (or maybe its the arrow next to the meta button) and one of the options is to review the metadata from all the sources. This should take you to a screen with each column showing the metadata suggested by each source. You can see there what matches or not and you can click on any of these to use in lieu of what CD Ripper suggested.

Comment

• thexfile
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jul 2010

I have a few CDs that come up wrong. Their special edition type CDs that was added to the regular release.
          Usually, I'll just fill in the information manually.

Comment

• martycol
            • Dec 2011

That sounds great - just what I wanted to know - I'll try it - thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>