title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

counting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foppie
    • Jan 2015

counting

Hello everybody

I wonder how I can achieve that ripped albumtracks are counted in this way:

Album 1 Tracks 1.1 1.2 1.3. 1.4 1.5
    Album 2 Tracks 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5
    Album 3 Tracks 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5

Someone familiar with that?

Foppie
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: counting

Originally posted by foppie
    Hello everybody

I wonder how I can achieve that ripped albumtracks are counted in this way:

Album 1 Tracks 1.1 1.2 1.3. 1.4 1.5
    Album 2 Tracks 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5
    Album 3 Tracks 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5

Someone familiar with that?

Foppie
    are these 3 albums that are part of a multidisk CD. if so, just make sure you have the disknumber correct in the tagging (1,2,3) and in the dynamic file naming, name the file as:

[disk].[track] - [title]

etc....

also, some players will reference this way anyhow. for example, foobar2000 can show my files as 1.2, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2., 2.3, etc.

Comment

• foppie
      • Jan 2015

Hi Garym

Thanks for your support. As you (likely) know I am a computer dummie.

What I try to achieve is the same result as with the Total MP3 Converter, which I also have. This converter (which has other shortcomings) counts the ripped cd itself and my Windows-C disk/My documents with music appearently takes over the tracks counted by the converter, in the way as I showed.
      With my dBoweramp the tracks doesn't appears at all in the windows-c map, only the albums, on which I have to click to see the tracks.

What I want to achieve, but I don not how, (although the dBpoweramp must be able to do that) is:

All the TRACKS on the -My documents wit music - map in this way

1 ALL the tracks 1 in a row from above to under, then:
      2 ALL the tracks 2 in a row from above to under, and so on

AND THAT IN THE ORDER AS THEY ARE RIPPED, NOT ALPHABETICALLY: NOW MY EXPERIENCE IS THAT WHEN I RIP A ALBUM, FROM LET US SAY, THE BEATLES, THEN 8 OTHER ALBUMS, THEN THE BEATLES AGAIN, THE RESULT IN MY MAP IS; BEATLES ARE PLACED UNDER EACH OTHER. WHICH I DO NOT WANT. I WANT THE STORAGE IN ORDER OF RIPPING (counted in that same order)

Do you understand? If so, could you tell me how I should do that

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

I think I understand what you are asking. I'm not sure I know how to achieve this (and frankly it seems like a very odd file organization scheme). One thought, in your dynamic naming, do something like this:

[album]\[track] - [title] - [artist]

This would not place all the beatles albums under one "The Beatles" subdirectory. It would just put every album in its own subdirectory (with tracks underneath). You could then use windows explorer (set to display with "details" and "date created" as one of your columns showing) to list the directories in order created (which would be order ripped).

And I can't help but say again that this seems like a very user UN-friendly way of organizing the files. But to each their own of course.

Comment

• foppie
          • Jan 2015

Hi Garym

Yes it may be unfriendly but it has a goal: I have a FiiO X5 digital portable player and with that I can play in diverse modes artist, album,tracks. And the track mode is what i want, rather than artist because that means after each other alll tracks from the same artist or album. And I want to listen in every track mode I want that every track suprises me) because of the variation, so all the tracks (8600) are now in my player in this way:

Ripped album 1 track 1,ripped album 2 track 1, ripped album 3 track 1, and then: ripped album 2 track 1 and so on

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Hi Garym

Yes it may be unfriendly but it has a goal: I have a FiiO X5 digital portable player and with that I can play in diverse modes artist, album,tracks. And the track mode is what i want, rather than artist because that means after each other alll tracks from the same artist or album. And I want to listen in every track mode I want that every track suprises me) because of the variation, so all the tracks (8600) are now in my player in this way:

Ripped album 1 track 1,ripped album 2 track 1, ripped album 3 track 1, and then: ripped album 2 track 1 and so on
            maybe you just need a better player. I can easily tell my players to select all my albums (or any particular subset) and play the tracks in a random manner. This has nothing at all to do with file naming. Just the random playback function of the player. I'm actually quite surprised if your Fios player doesn't handle random playback without regard to the naming scheme you're asking about.

Comment

• foppie
              • Jan 2015

Hi Garym

Your advice works; i am in my old mode now. thaank you so much!

Foppie

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Hi Garym

Your advice works; i am in my old mode now. thaank you so much!

Foppie
                excellent. enjoy.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Sep 2011

Hi Garym

....I have a FiiO X5 digital portable player.....
                  Hey foppie, if you're still around I have an off-topic question: How do you like that player? My son has been a die-hard iPod Classic devotee for years, but now that his last one is on its last legs and you can't even get parts/repairs easily anymore, it's time to look for something else.

I was considering getting him one of the FiiO models for his upcoming birthday. In terms of tech specs and file format compatibility, they look impeccable. So it appears to me that they probably live or die on user interface and functionality. I'd really like hearing your impressions. Especially if you have previously used any of the Apple players, I'm curious how they compare in terms of things like library management (i.e., loading) and navigation. Because of the way he uses his player, an all-touch interface doesn't interest him (the reason the newer iPods aren't in the running). Any thoughts appreciated.

Comment

Working...

]]>