title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I'm on Release 14.4 and see no reason to upgrade. Anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: I'm on Release 14.4 and see no reason to upgrade. Anyone else?

Originally posted by Max Dread
    Hi all

Popped back here after quite some time away. I see several more versions have been released now and I'll head over to the changelog and have a look. In the meantime though, I wondered if anyone can point out any many changes I should be aware of?

I'm still on 14.4, I'm still on XP (gasp) and I'm still in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp! Should I stick with that philosophy and stay as I am, or look into upgrading to the latest?

Cheers
    unless there is something in the new version that you need/want, you can stay on the old version. version 16.x looks quite a bit different, so if you move to that you'll have a bit of a learning curve. That said, I'm using 16.1 (and Win 8.1).

Comment

• linkman
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2015

Re: I'm on Release 14.4 and see no reason to upgrade. Anyone else?

Originally posted by Max Dread
      I'm still on 14.4, I'm still on XP (gasp) and I'm still in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp! Should I stick with that philosophy and stay as I am, or look into upgrading to the latest?
      I'll tell you now that Windows XP is definitely in the broken category. If you are using it to surf the web then you are living dangerously (and in many cases even if it has any sort of network connection). Microsoft no longer provides security updates for XP and it has several documented unpatched vulnerabilities.

Comment

Working...

]]>