title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Reference 15.1. Still no info in any DB database about Stevie Nicks latest CD.

Reference 15.1. Still no info in any DB database about Stevie Nicks latest CD.

Now mystified. How can a CD that's been out for months not be in any of DB's available databases. It's been in GraceNotes practically since the day it came out and, yes, I know that Apple has different arrangements. However, it's in Accurate Rip now so that's something.

Administrator

Re: Reference 15.1. Still no info in any DB database about Stevie Nicks latest CD.

If you insert a popular CD, and click review metadata, all 4 providers have data?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Reference 15.1. Still no info in any DB database about Stevie Nicks latest CD.

I suspect there's an issue with dBp's ability to get online and access the databases.

I now have 64 bit Reference 15.2 and still no info in any Poweramp database about Stevie Nicks 24 Karat Gold. I cannot believe that an album out this long by a major artist still has no info in any of the bases that Poweramp uses. Or am I doing something wrong? My sytem is working fine as I can obtain data on other CDs.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I just tested it myself with my own copy. Metadata was available from all four providers.

Thanks Eaglescout, must be something in my system to investigate.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by toots View Post
    Thanks Eaglescout, must be something in my system to investigate.
    What happens if you?:
    1. Select CDRipper>>Meta (dropdown)>>Clear Metadata
    2. Click the CDRipper>>Meta button again

I do apologise for late reply. Nothing changes when I do as you suggest. I get the blue circle while it thinks and then it goes away and I'm left with the basic track numbers.

dBpoweramp Guru

I do apologise for late reply. Nothing changes when I do as you suggest. I get the blue circle while it thinks and then it goes away and I'm left with the basic track numbers.
    Is this only happening with this one CD?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Is this only happening with this one CD?
    Yes, just the Stevie Nicks, all the others might be a bit slow but they are there. Meant to say, DB knows it is in AccurateRip so it's getting through to the internet OK

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Do you have the standard or the "limited quantity" deluxe version? It's possible the latter may not be in any databases.

Again, my apologies for a slow reply.
    I have now installed the updated "DBpoweramp 64 bit Registered Reference Release 15.3" and I still cannot obtain any Metadata for my Stevie Nicks, Songs from the Vault, CD. It is, and has been for quite some time, in AccurateRip but I cannot believe it is still not in any other database, except GraceNotes. As she is a very, very major recording artiste, that just makes no sense to me. Any other CDs that I have tried get all and any Metadata without a problem.

dBpoweramp Guru

Again, my apologies for a slow reply.
    I have now installed the updated "DBpoweramp 64 bit Registered Reference Release 15.3" and I still cannot obtain any Metadata for my Stevie Nicks, Songs from the Vault, CD. It is, and has been for quite some time, in AccurateRip but I cannot believe it is still not in any other database, except GraceNotes. As she is a very, very major recording artiste, that just makes no sense to me. Any other CDs that I have tried get all and any Metadata without a problem.
    There's obviously something quirky about that one CD, since all your other CDs obtain metadata just fine. It's really not worth all the trouble fretting over one disc....if it were me, I'd just enter the data manually and be done with it.

Seems like a good plan, BrodyBoy