title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Meta Data REtrieval Error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomhubb
    • Jan 2015

Meta Data REtrieval Error

I have installed CD Ripper v15 on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs. The ripper works correctly on the Windows 7 PC but does note retrieve the meta data for CDs on the v8.1 PC. I have purchased the family pack so, I have a registered copy for both PCS. I do not know what could be blocking the meta data on the v8.1 PC.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Meta Data REtrieval Error

Security software will be blocking it from accessing the internet.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tomhubb
      • Jan 2015

At the risk of sounding stupid, I have to ask where I can check for the offending security software. Your program is not issuing any error. I have shutdown my windows firewall, and my anti-virus software. That hasn't corrected the issue. I am the only user of the PC where this is not working. That said, I tried running CD Ripper as an administrator. That didn't help either. So, if you have something that will point me in the correct direction, it would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

In dBpoweramp Configuration make sure that 'Allow dBpoweramp to Access internet' is checked, and if you require a proxy server it is entered here.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tomhubb
          • Jan 2015

Thanks Spoon. Stupid error on my part.

Comment

Working...

]]>