title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Strange AccurateRip Log...

Strange AccurateRip Log...

Hi. I just checked a CD I ripped a while back with iTunes as ALAC files and got a very strange (at least to me) result. I was hoping someone could explain what is happening here. I'll post the log and then add my comments. Thanks!

The CD was the double CD "Echoes" by Pink Floyd.

Pink Floyd - Echoes: The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL) [AccurateRip DiscIDs: 013-00207A21-014F54AC-A512020D]
    Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7, Pressing Offset -48 [ARv2 CRC 8FCB769D] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-01 Astronomy Domine.m4a
    Track 2: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 23, Pressing Offset +97 [ARv2 CRC F7C3F507] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-02 See Emily Play.m4a
    Track 3: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 23, Pressing Offset +97 [ARv2 CRC 1043502B] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-03 The Happiest Days Of Our Lives.m4a
    Track 4: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 23, Pressing Offset +97 [ARv2 CRC D35ACEF4] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-04 Another Brick In The Wall (Part.m4a
    Track 5: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 6, Pressing Offset +10 [ARv2 CRC 83648CD1] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-05 Echoes.m4a
    Track 6: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7, Pressing Offset -48 [ARv2 CRC 4447BC7E] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-06 Hey You.m4a
    Track 7: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 22, Pressing Offset +97 [ARv2 CRC 8DF9DE16] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-07 Marooned.m4a
    Track 8: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 6, Pressing Offset +10 [ARv2 CRC 75A01417] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-08 The Great Gig In The Sky.m4a
    Track 9: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7, Pressing Offset -48 [ARv2 CRC C9A8B4DA] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-09 Set The Controls For The Heart.m4a
    Track 10: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 6, Pressing Offset +10 [ARv2 CRC 7B80851F] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-10 Money.m4a
    Track 11: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 23, Pressing Offset +97 [ARv2 CRC D513EB60] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-11 Keep Talking.m4a
    Track 12: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 21, Pressing Offset +97 [ARv2 CRC BB45635A] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-12 Sheep.m4a
    Track 13: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 6, Pressing Offset +10 [ARv2 CRC E305D791] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\1-13 Sorrow.m4a

Pink Floyd - Echoes: The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL) [AccurateRip DiscIDs: 013-002C51C1-01A1F8FD-AD126C0D]
    Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC DFDBD436] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-01 Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Par.m4a
    Track 2: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC 4D037E41] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-02 Time.m4a
    Track 3: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC 25E59423] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-03 The Fletcher Memorial Home.m4a
    Track 4: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC 9DCB7093] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-04 Comfortably Numb.m4a
    Track 5: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC 75B7387A] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-05 When The Tigers Broke Free.m4a
    Track 6: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC 2A1028A5] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-06 One Of These Days.m4a
    Track 7: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC 8B39031D] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-07 Us And Them.m4a
    Track 8: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC 79922FB8] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-08 Learning To Fly.m4a
    Track 9: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC F783B742] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-09 Arnold Layne.m4a
    Track 10: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC 70655172] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-10 Wish You Were Here.m4a
    Track 11: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC C504D2F9] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-11 Jugband Blues.m4a
    Track 12: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC 010AD431] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-12 High Hopes.m4a
    Track 13: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +99 [ARv2 CRC C54BA5FD] C:\Users\A\Desktop\Echoes_ The Best Of Pink Floyd (AL)\2-13 Bike.m4a

The second disc makes perfect sense to me, but the first one is what I don't understand. For the 2nd CD, the confidence values are ALL 200. The 1st CD has confidence values ranging only from 6 - 23. How is this possible? Anyone who submitted this album to AccurateRip would have certainly submitted BOTH CDs. It's foolish to think they wouldn't. That implies that the confidence values for CD1 should be in the 200 range as well. In addition, there are 3 different offsets that range across the 1st CD: +10, +97, and -48.

I'm getting all the tracks from CD1 as Accurate, but I find it impossible to believe that there were, for example, only 6 matching submissions for "Money," or only 7 matching submisssions for "Hey You" but 200 matching submissions for every track on CD2. Furthermore, the tracks with offset +97 all had confidence values of 22 or 23, the tracks with offset +10 all had confidence of 6, and the tracks with offset -48 all had a confidence of 7. This correlation between offset values and confidence values is notable.

Since all tracks from CD1 are listed as Accurate I would think that it is obviously not a problem with iTunes or my computer or the CD. I know I'm missing something here. I just don't know what it is. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Administrator

Re: Strange AccurateRip Log...

It is matching off different pressings, a match is still a match so the tracks are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is matching off different pressings, a match is still a match so the tracks are correct.
    Why does this happen specifically for that CD, that is, CD1 for the above rip? Because for every other rip I have checked, the offset values are the same for each track. (For example, in CD2 above where every offset value is +99.)

It's confusing because I thought AccurateRip checked across all pressings for all rips. And I thought the offset values were the offset value of the CD added to the offset value of the CD drive. So this would imply that my CD has different offsets for each track. Can that happen?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mathmat; 01-03-2015 at 05:35 AM.

Administrator

I am not sure why, but the end result makes no difference, it is still matching.

I am not sure why, but the end result makes no difference, it is still matching.
    So as I understand it, for a given track, sometimes AccurateRip will give the offset value of the CD drive + the offset of the CD, and sometimes it gives the offset value of a different pressing?

And if that is true, how do I know if it's the offset value of the drive + CD, or the offset value of a different pressing? My guess is if the values are all the same it's the offset value of the drive + CD (as in my CD2 above), and if they're different (as in my CD1 above) then they are from different pressings?

Thanks. I'm just trying to understand how this all works. :smile:

Administrator

>then they are from different pressings?

Correct

Thank you very much Spoon. I think I have a better understanding now.

So in a nutshell, a track will either be

1) compared to ALL pressings (in which case the returned offset value in the AccurateRip log will be the offset value of the drive + the offset value of the CD the track was ripped from),

OR

2) compared to ONLY ONE pressing (in which case the returned offset value in the AccurateRip log will be the offset value of the pressing that it is being compared against)?
    Last edited by mathmat; 01-03-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Administrator

It is likely compared against the first pressing match in the database, there is no requirement in the database for the pressings to be held together.

It is likely compared against the first pressing match in the database, there is no requirement in the database for the pressings to be held together.
    Thanks Spoon. That makes a lot of sense. My last question, just to be clear:

Where does the pressing offset value in the AccurateRip log come from? Is it the offset of MY CD + the offset of my drive, or is it the offset of the pressing that the track is being compared to? And how do I know which it is?

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes correct

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    Yes correct
    I'm not sure I understand. What exactly does the pressing offset value in the AccurateRip log refer to?

I apologize if this is a simple question. I'm just a little unclear about pressing offset values. Thanks.

Administrator

A pressing offset is a matching CD with an offset, it can be because the discs are made in batches, each batch has an offset.

A pressing offset is a matching CD with an offset, it can be because the discs are made in batches, each batch has an offset.
    Just 2 questions to clarify:

1) For example let's say my ripped track has an offset of +10. Can that come back in an accuraterip log as something like "pressing offset +102" or "pressing offset -150" or any other value? Or will it always come back as +10?

2) Does every track on a particular pressing of a CD have the same offset value?

Thanks Spoon. I appreciate your patience and willingness to help everyone on these boards.

Administrator

It will be a combination of drive offset (if not corrected), and disc offset.