title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Powerfile R200 works for single disc but gives ripping errors in batch

Powerfile R200 works for single disc but gives ripping errors in batch

I'm trying to get batch ripping working on a creaky old XP computer (only thing I've got with a Firewire port) and have followed the Powerfile directions on the website. The software loads discs, acquires metadata, and rips all tracks properly if I run dBPoweramp standalone (i.e. by invoking it outside of Batch Ripper,) but if I attempt to rip the same disc through Batch Ripper it is always rejected due to errors on one or more tracks, though some tracks (different ones each time) seem to rip properly. I believe the changer control strings are working properly as I'm seeing discs load into both slots, but I can't get a single disc to complete ripping without errors if I attempt to run them as a batch. Does this sound familiar to anyone? What should I check?

EDIT: The error message shown in the log is "Unable to read CD, check CD disc". The disc looks perfect visually and can be ripped without errors by the same optical drive with dBpoweramp running standalone.
    Last edited by spinsky; 01-02-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Administrator

Re: Powerfile R200 works for single disc but gives ripping errors in batch

Perhaps you have c2 pointers enabled through batch ripper? try setting the ripping method to Burst as a test on that disc.