title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBPoweramp and Perfectunes not available in Windows to uninstall

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sundiegojc
    • Jan 2005

dBPoweramp and Perfectunes not available in Windows to uninstall

None of my Illustrate programs (dBPoweramp 15.1, Perfectunes, Asset UPnP) are visible to the Windows (Win7 64 Bit) uninstall applet or Revo Uninstall Professional.
    None of the programs offer an uninstall option in their start menu folders.
    The ONLY Illustrate program that is visible for uninstall is the DSD converter.
    The programs all run correctly, except for the Perfectunes configuration, which states that I have the wrong version for my OS (although the Perfectunes program itself shows no such errors)
    How can I give these programs visibilty?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBPoweramp and Perfectunes not available in Windows to uninstall

Something must stop the installer writing the entries into the uninstall section, it will either be security software or the Revo Uninstaller. Our installer has been in continuous use for 15 years, the uninstall entries are not something it gets wrong (or has got wrong).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

>Perfectunes configuration, which states that I have the wrong version for my OS

This suggests the file is corrupted, there is no different versions for different OS.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sundiegojc
        • Jan 2005

Thanks for responding so promptly.
        If I understand you correctly, you are saying that my Illustrate products (and more specifically, ONLY those products) are somehow affected by Revo Uninstaller and/or my security product (BitDefender Internet Security).
        These three programs (dBPoweramp, its various codec additions, Asset UPnP, and Perfectunes) were all installed or updated over a period of years, with different combinations or versions of Bitdefender active.
        I have uninstalled them safely in the past, but the error popup from Perfectunes.exe is what made me examine Perfectunes (and subsequently the other two apps) for the need to uninstall and possibly reinstall the software, and that's when I noticed this issue.

Am I correct in interpreting your response to mean that they now can not be uninstalled?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Correct on all counts.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• echoplex
            • Dec 2010

I had a similar issue:

I've just upgraded to 15.1, but couldn't first uninstall 14.4. Interestingly enough, I am also on W7 x64, and had BitDefender installed. I switched off my A/V, reinstalled 14.4 over the top of itself, then it uninstalled no problem.

Comment

Working...

]]>