title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I get right click menus to work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I get right click menus to work?

When you run the install normally, there is a prompt to UAC to elevate the program, did you not have this?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Vanblerk
      • Feb 2015

I'm having the same problem as all these other people.

I've just installed the latest version and still can't get 'edit ID tags' to appear on right clicking.

Furthermore I am not a developer and have no idea what a UAC is. There were no prompts when I installed 15.2.

I am getting rather annoyed with this buggy software and the lack of a fix - I can't use it without the ability to edit tags - many people seem unable to do this when using Windows. Surely this software must have been tested before it's released to check it works? I'm sorry, but just saying it's all mcAfee's (or some other external programs) fault is not acceptable. This software should be written so it works with antivirus software. As far as I can see this product is not of merchantable quality and should not be sold as is. I am considering giving up and finding a ripper that doesn't have these problems I am so frustrated.

Please help!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>This software should be written so it works with antivirus software

The anti virus software installs its self at a low level, if it decides to block some dBpoweramp functionality, there is nothing dBpoweramp can do about it, and it certainly does not mean dBpoweramp is 'buggy'.

Which Windows version do you have? 64 or 32 bit? do you get 'Convert To' on the right click?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Vanblerk
          • Feb 2015

Hi Spoon,

Sorry to unload - I am sure you can understand my frustration at having thousands of pounds worth of equipment I can't use because of a minor software issue I can't understand or find a solution to. I take some consolation in knowing I'm not the only one, so it's not me!

I'm using windows 8.1 - so 64-bit.

And I don't get 'Convert to' on right click.

Other details: Software version just updated to 15.2

I am using DBP to rip my (2000-odd) CD collection to a QNAP TS-453 Pro NAS as lossless, uncompressed FLAC files. These are streamed to a Cyrus Xa streamer controlled by Cyrus' 'Cadence' IOS app from my IPAD.

Any help will be gratefully received!

Col

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

Hey Col,

did you try to edit the ID tags via the file properties? If you select the audio files in the file Explorer, right click and then choose "Properties", you can see a tab called "ID Tag" in the properties dialog.

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Vanblerk
              Hi Spoon,

Sorry to unload - I am sure you can understand my frustration at having thousands of pounds worth of equipment I can't use because of a minor software issue I can't understand or find a solution to. I take some consolation in knowing I'm not the only one, so it's not me!

I'm using windows 8.1 - so 64-bit.

And I don't get 'Convert to' on right click.

Other details: Software version just updated to 15.2

I am using DBP to rip my (2000-odd) CD collection to a QNAP TS-453 Pro NAS as lossless, uncompressed FLAC files. These are streamed to a Cyrus Xa streamer controlled by Cyrus' 'Cadence' IOS app from my IPAD.

Any help will be gratefully received!

Col
              Make sure you are right clicking the audio files themselves rather than the directory in which they are located. I have to do this to get EDIT ID TAGS or CONVERT TO.

Comment

• Vanblerk
                • Feb 2015

Thanks for the advice - I'm still not getting there!

did you try to edit the ID tags via the file properties? If you select the audio files in the file Explorer, right click and then choose "Properties", you can see a tab called "ID Tag" in the properties dialog.
                When I do this I only see one tab - 'details' - and none of the information in there is editable. I have spent some time looking for something that may enable the 'ID Tag' tab, with no luck.

Make sure you are right clicking the audio files themselves rather than the directory in which they are located. I have to do this to get EDIT ID TAGS or CONVERT TO.
                I think I am doing this ok - in theory I should be able to right click on either the album (to edit all common tags to that album) or individual tracks (to edit all tags, including track-specific ones) to edit the tags. Neither works.

Any other ideas will be gratefully received.

Thanks again

Col
                Last edited by Vanblerk; 02-23-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

What audio type are you right clicking on? FLAC?

Did you previously have R15.1 which worked?

What security software do you have?
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Vanblerk
                    • Feb 2015

Hi Spoon,

What audio type are you right clicking on? FLAC?
                    Yes, lossless and uncompressed FLAC files

Did you previously have R15.1 which worked?
                    I did have R15.1 - that didn't allow me to edit ID tags either.

What security software do you have?
                    I'm running AVAST antivirus software and have an (expired) version of McAfee LiveSafe on the machine. I am happy to remove the McAfee software if you think that may be affecting things?

Thanks again

Col

Comment

• hollyh
                      • Feb 2015

On my thread asking for assistance with this problem, I have posted that I have encountered a Windows incompatibility problem when loading v15.2. I am not sure whether this helps to shed any light on why the dBpoweramp application isn't working correctly.

Comment

• Vanblerk
                        • Feb 2015

Hi hollyh

I don't think so in my case - I had the same problem with v15.1 and have no indication of any compatibility problem that I can see. I've moved on to v15.2 and still have the problem.

Best

Col

Comment

• Dat Ei
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Feb 2014

Hey Col,

I have my described problems with v15.1 and v15.2. In both cases a downgrad to v15.0 helped.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

>I have posted that I have encountered a Windows incompatibility problem

Your issue is something is blocking the installer from even adding uninstall entries into the control panel, the Windows incompatibility report is just based on that, Windows assumes because the installer did not install correctly it is for a really old version of Windows. The installer must have installed dBpoweramp on some 60 Million computers over the last 15 years, there is no issues in this area, unless it is being stopped by something external.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Vanblerk
                              Hi hollyh

I don't think so in my case - I had the same problem with v15.1 and have no indication of any compatibility problem that I can see. I've moved on to v15.2 and still have the problem.

Best

Col
                              If you hold the mouse over the FLAC file, you see the id tags and words 'dbpoweramp' at the bottom of the popup info tip?
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Vanblerk
                                • Feb 2015

That may be an option - is there anywhere I can still download this version to try if nothing else works?

I'm hoping Spoon will come up with a solution, as, if v15.0 works, that would indicate that this is a bug, which he vehemently denies!

I'm just desperate to get my system up and running - it's so frustrating to be so close and yet unable to proceed.

Many thanks for your help Dat Ei - it's very much appreciated.

C

Comment

Working...

]]>